Reliance Pro 3 WiFi Dongle (ZTE AC 3633)

• Thread starter Thread starter x720
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 157
  • Views Views 89,237
Nice. You're getting 1+Mbps!

Thanks again, bro! I am getting the speeds between 1 to 2 mbps (depending on the signal strength) constantly since afternoon.

I just noticed there is a provision for adding an external antenna (pigtail connector?) to the EC306 (apparently to boost signal?), do you think it's worth buying an antenna for this?

Last edited:
It won't go beyond 2 Mbps as it is. If you really feel that increased signal strength will provide constant 2 Mbps, go for it.

^^Oh Ok! (got speeds between 2 to 2.7 mbps in my terrace this morning, for an hour or so)

Today, tried using EC306 with TP-Link TD W8968 Modem/router (mine is Version 4 with most latest firmware) as 3G Wifi router but it didn't work out, also tried commonly used Reliance APN settings (UN- Mobile number, PW- Mobile Number) but it was of no good either.

Not sure where I am going wrong (or may be my router just isn't compatible with EC306)

Last edited:
Update on EC306 + TP-Link W8968 (version 4)

From the drop down menu of 3g modem choices, I am getting only two option of Tatas (one Tata Indicom Photon+ and other one Tata Docomo). Tried Tata Indicom Photon+ as 3g modem with default settings (+ Reliance apn manually entered) as well as the ones (UN & PW net) suggested by @x720. Still couldn't able to initiate working internet connection (pressing connect button in the 3G modem interface on router does not establishes any connection instead ends with disconnected message) through the router (3G WAN down is what I am seeing in the summary of the device).

I did find one mild improvement (over my earlier attempts) in the form of EC306 showing non-flickering stable blue light (could be an indication of some form of internet connectivity is going on?)

Will try few more attempts with this and update!

Last edited:
@x720 - You are a lifesaver! I just can't thank you enough, bud! :clap:

Did as you instructed. Combo of EC306 and W8968, works flawlessly now.:rock:

Thank you so much again for your help 😀

dear friend ,
i have reliance zte ac3633, wi fi dongle, prepaid , it does not have sim. can it be used.
Hmm. Get a non WiFi device then and plug it into a router. Speed I asked because, here's the thing.

Option 3
Unlocked dongle with Reliance CDMA sim (revision A - you will need to test it out, to get an idea of the speed. Average here is around 1.5-2mbps)
Excellent plans. 256 for 4GB for 30days. Recharge whenever to add additional data, data balance is always carried forward.
949 for unlimited FUP free data.

That's about it, in a nutshell. Take your pick!

Note: In Delhi, since Reliance uses MTS' network for revision B, only their network locked Pro 3 devices, like the one I've bought are programmed to connect to MTS; reliance CDMA sims cannot connect to MTS and thus work on Revision A only as mentioned above.

Hey all, wonderful forum I must say, exactly what the doctor ordered for me because I have just ditched my scrappy local cable broadband(Meghbela Broadband), I am from Kolkata & so is the ISP, the broadband sucked big time & so is my cable guy....due to the non presence of Airtel/reliance/tata or any other landline broadband in my area I have moved on to reliance OMH sim on an unlocked dongle ZTE AC2766 & also Huawei EC152, both of them were lying in my shelves for a long time, just unlocked both of them & they do work! I am currently in the middle of 4 GB @ 246 INR(courtesy Reliance)....saw a few people have been applying the same method...so have even done recharges for truly unlimeted plan a while ago....just wanted to know if its worthwhile to take a risk with some of the recharge plans(with more data e.g- 999 for 12+12 GB D/N) which are available with data cards only & not mobile(OMH sims) in my circle(Kolkata)?