Reliance Pro 3 Really Worst than Thunder plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlimited plan can never be successful in wireless networks.

MY Experience with Reliance Pro 3

Executive Summary:
The connection is a piece of shit.Stay far away from it.If they offer you something like a free scheme, stay further away.Its a trap to bait people and to imprison them into what is the ISP scam of the century.

Starting:
I bought this connection in April ( darn right was about to be an april fool ), my woes started from the day I got my connection I read on the ad "Rs 999 unlimited connection, upto 14.7 Mbps speed ". I was frustrated by my MTNL connection, which gave me pathetic speed ( <= 200 Kbps on a 2 Mbps line) and not to mention the ass warmers who sit in MTNL and care as much about the customers as they do about the contents they deposit in their toilet seats every morning. I stay currently in Borivali, before that I used to stay in Prabhadevi ( near Dadar ), in Mumbai.There I had wired connection of reliance, which was pretty good.The speed was terrific and there were ( almost ) no complaints. So based on this I decided to get Reliance Pro 3.The router, featuring an SD card reader and a power bank costs Rs 2700 along with 3 months of free usage. I got the connection.

The Mechanism of fooling people
Before I filled the form people told me that although it is written 14.7 Mbps speed, I might not get that much speed. I empathized, considering that in a wireless connection one cannot get full speed. They promised that I will get atleast 10 Mbps.I was happy for the upgrade from 200 Kbps to such an awesome speed. So I filled up the form

Then when I filled up the form and paid up, they said that I will not get 14.7 Mbps speed as thier network is getting upgraded, only 3.1 Mbps. I was like WHAT THE F**K ! Could you not say that BEFORE I PAID YOU ??? Still hope against hopes I thought atleast I would get around 2 Mbps which will be somewhat better than the MTNL connection

They promised me it will be activated within 1 day, but it took nearly 4 days to activate.When the connection actually started, I was in for the biggest shocker.My speed showed only 50 - 60 Kbps.I was flabbergasted.So I went back to the gallery, there they said that it will take 2 days to increase my speed ! First time I am hearing of a connection which takes 4 days to activate and 2 days to increase speed.Seems more like a water connection from Municipal corporation.

Anyways I had already paid up so I waited patiently.My patience was rewarded by the speed increasing to 200 Kbps form 50 Kbps ! I again called them and still am calling them.

Customer service

Their customer service must get the reward for going full retard. As one member here said for Tikona:

"Nutless monkeys could do a more efficient job of flinging faeces then this pitiful excuse of an ISP does in it's so called internet service."

Same holds true for Reliance and the theft these people do in the name of ISP. When you call thier customer care you have to go through an IVR system which is worse than a medieval torture done by some paranoid despot.After fighting it tooth and nail , you finally reach a CC executive who is seldom good.He is an competent as a monkey with a loaded AK 47 assault rifle.

After going through their usual troubleshooting which ultimately results in destruction of your life's half an hour.Either it said that "there is a problem in the server" or "The connection will take route and become fast". "Take route ??? " is this an internet connection or a state transport bus that it will "take route". Lies, blatant lies, that's what is given to you.You call up customer service and same story is told you again and again and again
Frustrated you stop calling them up.

Once I by a coincidence actually met a good CC, who was more candid.He said that there is a network issue and took my compliant.He gave me a number and said someone will come and solve it. Two weeks went by and no one came.Suddenly I get an SMS stating that
"Dear Reliance customer your SR number <number given by the CC> has been processed.Thank you for being with reliance." That was my second WTF moment. "Processed???" "What processed ??" No one came, no one asked me about the issue nothing happened.These people closed my case at will.
Then I get an SMS: "Dear Reliance Customer, please let us know if you are satisfied with the resolution of you last service request.Reply YES else NO (toll free ). I instantly replied NO, but my SMS got bounced and has been bouncing ever since.

The Speed

Getting 700 - 800 Kbps in this connection is quite a miracle.Most of the time the speed you get is 200 - 250 Kbps.It is exactly like MTNL and I am banging my head against the wall. Not to mention the fact that thier customer service has driven to the verge of dementia.

Bottom Line

DO NOT TRUST RELIANCE !!!!!
ITS A PEOPLE FOOLING FACTORY, THEY ARE CHEATS ROBBERS SCAMSTERS OF THE WORST KIND. Reliance Pro 3 IS A SCAM STAY AWAY FROM IT !!

If any one knows any good ISP in I.C. Colony Borivali Mumbai, please let me know.

If anyone has queries, further questions please feel free to reply/quote.

Which is why forums like these exist 😀

Regarding rcom, roam around the house, you'll get 1mbps at some point. Hardly any place in Mumbai has 14.7mbit, network supports only 3.1mbit currently.

I have tried almost all places in my house, with the same speed.The coverage itself is pathetic. I mostly get 2 - 3 sticks in the network.Vodafone gives me 5 - 6 Mbps in my house ( but no unlimited plans ). I am fed up. There are no good ISPs in my areas.

Also I am having a desktop computer so the Pro 3 router is tethered to that.:whew:

Is Reliance going to give their promised speeds any time soon ?
This is the screenshot of the speed test:
UXKDkKY.png

Last edited:
That zte dongle doesn't have slot for antenna.

@Kabir Kukreti

Tough luck. You can complain to pgportal and rcom will send an rf guy to perform a drive test at your location. May not achieve anything though.

I've been following up with them persistently for quite some time.

@viru11
I am having this Wifi modem given by reliance:
eRKU9we.jpg

How do you attach an external antenna to it ? Please do guide me.

@x720

Yeah I reckon thats what happened when the person registered my complaint the last time. He said some one will come and have a "look". However no came, no one asked me and they closed the case at will, as mentioned before.I am getting fed up of these people.

What is your experience with them so far ?

Tbh, I've learnt how to deal with rcom. Complain everywhere. Pgportal, appellate, service assurance, chairman's desk. You'll be sure to get call backs. But as I said, you'll need to be persistent and have patience.

For the price point rcom gives (in both GSM and CDMA), I really don't feel like switching to other networks.

Though using wireless as a primary connection is never a good idea. You'd be better off getting mtnl fixed. Approach is key.

@viru11
I am having this Wifi modem given by reliance:
eRKU9we.jpg

How do you attach an external antenna to it ? Please do guide me.

@x720

Yeah I reckon thats what happened when the person registered my complaint the last time. He said some one will come and have a "look". However no came, no one asked me and they closed the case at will, as mentioned before.I am getting fed up of these people.

What is your experience with them so far ?
If this dongle have external antenna port then u can buy antenna from online sites or if no antenna then buy a long usb (5meter) extension cable male to female and attach ur dongle. Then open dongle page or software to see signal and move ur dongle where u get good signal. Near window and last thing is put ur dongle in a glass cup. I did it and yes this works

Customer care cant do anything dont waste time to call them. And swich off firewall in dongle and disable udnp

@viru11 I will purchase the cable and try, but I am pretty cynical that I will get any good reception in my house.As mentioned before I have tried several places, with dismal results.The glass cup I will try, that I have not tried so far.Also where in settings do you disable udnp ?

@x720 I have complained here : Reliance Customer Care
Also I stumbled across this thread:
Reliance Broadband: How to follow up on pg portal complaint? • Reliance Broadband
I wrote email an to all the addresses given ( including one of Mr. Anil Ambani himself, wonder if he replies ! ), lets see what happens.
The PG Portal: :: Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government :: seems like government to me. Do they accept complaints about private companies ? Please do let me know. If they do I will also write a complaint there.
Also I had MTNL triband connection before, which was also pathetic ( as mentioned in my rant on this thread), which I disconnected.On disconnection they told me that there was a problem in the line which gave bad speeds.The fact that I had reckoned myself using network quality tools and sources from within MTNL.I told them clearly I am ready to go back to MTNL, provided they resolve their problems and give me the speed.However they gave no timelines on when that issue will be resolved.So with no assurances I am pretty much stuck between the devil and the deep sea !

Last edited:
Yes. Complain to pgportal, it works.

Does your wipod even have a slot for external antenna?

Also, give mtnl 3G a try. To test, buy a prepaid sim and use it in your cellphone. Buy an unlocked dongle if it works well.

Back after a long time

I had whole flurry of e mail exchanges with Reliance customer care. They are telling that the engineers are working on my issue and it will take 90 -120 days to resove it.This is too much.I am not going to wait for 3 - 4 months on 200 - 300 Kbps speed 😛

I am going to give them 15 days to get the issues right or else bye bye Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.