• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 10,543
Status
Not open for further replies.

amey84

ISP
broadband
Hi, i personally reviewed this product (Reliance netconnect broadband plus) starting with unwraping the whole pack 😉 Here is the video link: Installation is pretty easy2) Speed is decent (was getting 167kbps in peak ours)3) Watching video is fun, no buffering time at all :OHave not tried this while in roaming but will surely do soon. tc

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, awesome review!Thanks for sharing! 😀

Nice one, I too got my broadband + plus card yesterday and speeds are good around 1.3 Mbps mark, but the upload speeds are pathetic did anyone notice the same.

that remains a problem with indian ISPs. no one highlights the uploading speeds along with the packages. i am yet to find out the uploading speeds on the airtel 16 mbps plans.

Nice review there. :thumb: Which plan have you opted for?

My plan is 10 GB/ 1750 Rs. basically i am not a download freek, but i do watch may videos on Youtube and metacafe daily, so its a worth and yeah dont forget our favorite facebook and orkut, its working just great with reliance netconnect broadband+ :thumbsup:

What about the Online Multiplayer Games Like CS

Can we be able to play them..??

Bad idea you can play but might get some lag at times, coz the ping times are 50-80ms more than wired connection.

Guyz, I'm planning to order one. Requested for demo, will let u know hw I go about it!! thx for the nice demo :rofl:

Looks fine but the hardware itself is too costly - Paying 3500 or even 2500 Rs. is too expensive compared to current wired broadband internet.I have been using broadband internet at my home since 7 years. Previously i was with 1 of the local company but 2 years ago when i subscribed to TATA Indicom Broadband, they offered me advance rental plan. I paid them for 4 months rental in advance and they didnt charge me anything for cable or router or installation. I only paid (780 x 4) Rs. 3120 (4 months advance rental - 2 years ago for 128 kbps) and they installed it and i started paying from 5th month (I am a postpaid user). Right now, i am paying around 850 Rs. for 256kbps (Thats what i require for 1 laptop), using wi-fi modem so i have flexibility move around my home and i am not a high level executive that i show to the world that i am too busy and need to use internet and laptop in my car or when i am travelling during weekends (in fact, during weekends i hate to even look at my laptop).Their price around 1000 (citywide) and 1750 (nationwide) is fair but the device price is a bit expensive. The same way if they offer like i pay for 3-4 month's advance rental and they give me the USB device for free, i will buy it right away 🙂 but not by paying 2000-4000 just for that device and who knows something better will come in coming months as well.

This reliance netconnect plus broadband is being targeted mainly for people who need fast connections on the move (mobile) thus its a bit expensive that wired solutions, I am sure in the future the hardware cost would be subsidized but it will take time. I am happy to say that I am enjoying the connections while just wasting my time sitting in the car these days I am browsing the net 🙂

Guyz, i've taken the demo and ordered for a connection:thumb:. I told the guyz the want the white sleek modem only, but they say that it is defective 😢 and I should go for the Black one, what should i do plzz advice ASAP

Guyz, i've taken the demo and ordered for a connection:thumb:. I told the guyz the want the white sleek modem only, but they say that it is defective 😢 and I should go for the Black one, what should i do plzz advice ASAP

Its all bull that its defective the white one is a Huawei model the problem is that it's almost out of stock, but reliance store guys have the black one ZTE in stocks so they are pushing it.

BTW in the terms of speeds etc both of them are same its just a matter of preference, the only difference is that the huawei has a slot for micros SD card, so you can add a SD card and also use it as a USB stick for storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.