• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 27,860
Status
Not open for further replies.

ambime

ISP
Dial up
On Friday I booked my own Reliance netconnect broadband plus online, paid via ICICI bank transfer. And today @ 11.00 I received the delivery of kit. First of all I am very happy that I got it within 2 days of booking, meanwhile on Saturday I got the confirmation call from their customer care.

At the time of delivery reliance guy will ask you to fill up a form where you have to mention the plan details, now this form is sent to their office and within 48 hours your plan will get activated, till than I have to wait, but I will share some images with you ppl.

First of all it comes with an international style DVD packing with seal. Insights there are 4 main components
1) The USB data card
2) Installation guide and CD
3) USB extension and
4) Warranty card

First time you have to install the device (very easy installation process hardly takes 5 mins) and next time it is plug and play. Now first thing you have to do after installation is launch Reliance netconnect broadband plus dialer, here you have to click on activate button (Reliance will be default profile) in activation process follow a voice instructions i.e. press 1 for hindi press 2 for English etc..

As I told you earlier my connection is not yet activated, so cant share user experience 🙁 . But till now everything goes smoothly and I can’t wait to test the speed and other features with you…. Will share everything soon.. tc

Is this Reliance Evdo?🙂

This is Reliance netconnect broadband+ the HSD (high speed device) i choose the Huawei EC168C device there is another one ZTE AC8710 but Huawei looks cool to me..

Yes Reliance netconnect + is basically EVDO, so ambime did you get your connection activated if so how is the speed 😉

How we know abt the data transfer.Is it save logs on the pc about data transfer.the reliance staff told we have to contact customer care for knowing our data transfer.Is it true?

yes i got it installed long back, and the speed i must say is very impressive. Also, i havent experienced any loss of connection!

I too have the Huawei make, the download speeds are great, but I am getting pathetic upload speeds :wall:Could anyone who has a netconnect + connection upload a 1-2 MB file via ftp and time how much time it takes to upload.

There is no signal on my PC, and without signal I cant activate, can anyone advice watz the reason for no signal? and in network settings only Hybrid is selected by dafault and other two HSD, 1xcdma r disabled 🙁

Telugu Guy do you have a laptop with you if so you can move to another location and see if the signal is there, might be the area in which you live is not covered via the netconnect network, does reliance mobile work in your area its the same network.Before getting into the panic mode I suggest that you take the modem to the reliance webworld or from where you purchased the same and test the modem.

Telugu Guy do you have a laptop with you if so you can move to another location and see if the signal is there, might be the area in which you live is not covered via the netconnect network, does reliance mobile work in your area its the same network.

Before getting into the panic mode I suggest that you take the modem to the reliance webworld or from where you purchased the same and test the modem.

Hi Ranjit, thx for ur advice,yeh I do hav a notebook and I have tried all that.
The thing is, the problem was with reliance:wall:, they havent activated my number or registered. Today morning RDA service guyz visited my place and put the connection order, now it is very much fine :thumbsup:

I am a temporary user of Reliance Netconnect Broadband plus. Today one guy came to my office from Reliance and give me a USB (Huawei) to test it for weekend at home and give feedback. So as a result I am able to use it for today night and next two days for free. Now regarding feedback I have to say speed is very good. You can see below Speedtest.net result . But the fact is I can't take it because modem cost is very high ( Rs. 3500).

https://www.speedtest.net

Hi!I live in Chennai. Am planning to buy Broadband plus. How is the service, speed and other features in Chennai? My location is porur. I don't understand whats ''Pay as you go" plans. can anyone explain the details of the plan? Thank You! Sabharish

Pay as you is go is nothing but its billed upon your usage, currently you are charged at Rs 2 per MB apart from the mandatory monthly fee, its a good plan if you dont use this connection much but only as a backup, else looks at the other plans otherwise you will get huge bills if you usage is high with this plan 😢

I'm using RB+ in Vizag and Bangalore, the speed is really good, except sometimes it gets down and we need to disconnect and re-connect. It has been only 3weeks now, hoping to get close to 3mbps (as promised) very soon :thumbsup: however now Tata has also come up with same one. They have introduced Photon plus with upto 3mbps speeds u can give a try in that angle as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.