• Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 21,042
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not launched yet.....
March 17, 2009 is d launch date.
Source::
The Hindu : Business : RCom offers fastest broadband service

This sounds great.....but will they be able to provide the said speed?
And intital investment seems to be on d expensive side....3500bucks....with this it seems its gonna be tough achieving the sales targets as dreamt.

"We are targeting two major segments — about six million road warriors who need Internet access on the move through their laptops and about eight million home PC users who access entertainment and educational purposes.”
Interesting statistics; the gap is narrowing.

and then we would tell them what to do and what not to do with their broadband connection. checking email would be fine. but doing anything more data intensive? THAT IS UNFAIR.

all data cards are sold at absurd rates in the beginning.

I think if they provide datacards on monthly rental basis then may be they'll get more customers.

they do not usually go for rentals because they like to make money by selling ultra cheap modems (actual cost) at a high price. once the customer has paid the high price, he is going to stick with you for a longer period. just like DTH... since you pay for a locked STB, you have to think twice before considering moving to a rival service provider.

I have booked my own Netconnect BB+ :cool2:
Plan: Broadband+ 2.5 GB Plan
Rental: Rs.850
Monthly usage: 2.5 GB

Will share some snaps with you later.. 😉

It is just too costly. I have read in economic times that they have ordered around 1 million USB modems from some company in china. Per piece for around 300/- Rs. Reliance thinks indians are idiot and they can easily rip us off. the cost should not be more than 500 Rs for modem and 1000 bucks for unlimited download plan.

It is just too costly. I have read in economic times that they have ordered around 1 million USB modems from some company in china. Per piece for around 300/- Rs. Reliance thinks indians are idiot and they can easily rip us off. the cost should not be more than 500 Rs for modem and 1000 bucks for unlimited download plan.

This is the chinese usb modem you are talking about :

http://www.rcom.co.in/Communications/rcom/RNetconnect/netconnect_broadband_device.html#HuaEC168c

Actually it is Huawei modem which I think is not a bad company.

By the way anyone who wishes to go for Reliance Netconnect plus should ask Reliance to give only "Huawei EC 168 C" modem as this one modem will work locally at 3 Mpbs and Nation wide at 144 kpbs where only Netconnect High Speed 1x is available.

If the modem is indeed bought by Reliance at Rs 300 then we will indeed be fools to buy it for 3500 if they dont give Rs 3500 unlimited usage to "everyone" who purchases it !

Reliance Broadband+

Who will decide whether a customer falls within the first 1 lakh or not ?What is the criteria for this ?Is this selection transparent ?

This is the chinese usb modem you are talking about :

http://www.rcom.co.in/Communications/rcom/RNetconnect/netconnect_broadband_device.html#HuaEC168c

Actually it is Huawei modem which I think is not a bad company.

By the way anyone who wishes to go for Reliance Netconnect plus should ask Reliance to give only \"Huawei EC 168 C\" modem as this one modem will work locally at 3 Mpbs and Nation wide at 144 kpbs where only Netconnect High Speed 1x is available.

If the modem is indeed bought by Reliance at Rs 300 then we will indeed be fools to buy it for 3500 if they dont give Rs 3500 unlimited usage to \"everyone\" who purchases it !

Reliance Broadband+

Who will decide whether a customer falls within the first 1 lakh or not ?What is the criteria for this ?Is this selection transparent ?

also do check the T&C, the unlimited is subject to 10GB fair usage

at 3mbps, u wont even notice when u have crossed it

airtel gives u 100GB@512kbps
reliance 10GB @ 3mbps

except for the fact that this is wireless, airtel is much better

also, airtels Mobile office @ rs 500/month gives true Unlimited GPRS/EDGE on which i am usually able to do everything except for torrents(use my home 799 plan for that) and video streaming( doable with a bit of buffering, neways 10GB will be over soon in case of streaming)

The modem are priced atrociously. I wonder if they are available outside in the free market, & if so whether Reliance will allow us to use it😀😀. High hopes Ya I know
I find the pack offerd quite unimaginative
'Pay as you go' should be scrapped (I wonder who is willing to pay Rs 2/- MB) and
Broadband+ 1 GB Plan should be reduced to Rs 250 then there should be
Broadband+ 2.5 GB Plan should be reduced to Rs 350 (undercutting MTNL & maybe BSNL)
Broadband+ 3 GB Plan should be created cost Rs 500 (undercutting Airtel)

Maybe someone can expand this wish list further. :evil:🙄

also do check the T&C, the unlimited is subject to 10GB fair usage

at 3mbps, u wont even notice when u have crossed it

airtel gives u 100GB@512kbps
reliance 10GB @ 3mbps

except for the fact that this is wireless, airtel is much better

also, airtels Mobile office @ rs 500/month gives true Unlimited GPRS/EDGE on which i am usually able to do everything except for torrents(use my home 799 plan for that) and video streaming( doable with a bit of buffering, neways 10GB will be over soon in case of streaming)

are you getting 3 mbps speed in your airtel mobile office plan? so there is no comparison between mobile gprs and EVDO. and regarding 10 GB FUP i dont have any issues against it, after all its to prevent private data and i know how it feels if some guys are using unlimited internet for 24*7 and just because of such people your always complain your ISP regarding your poor net connection speed..

Status
Not open for further replies.