Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus: broadband review

• Thread starter Thread starter praz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 70
  • Views Views 71,159
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all,In the beginning when i'm in 1 GB day plan everything was good. Later i have changed my plan to 10 GB night .. with in 10 to 15 days speed came down to half and at nights after 10 pm i'm getting only 400 kbps speed & a file transfer of 15 to 20 kbps which is pathetic. i called the support and they told me that i'll receive a call after 24 hours, so i had to wait for 24 hours , finally tech supoort said that getting 400 kbps is a very good news and told me that as this is wireless 400 to 600 kbps is a very good speed. this is no way comparable as i'm in 3.1 mbps plan i must get at least 2 mbps.Again this is a useless wireless.

finally tech supoort said that getting 400 kbps is a very good news and told me that as this is wireless 400 to 600 kbps is a very good speed.

if only they highlight this aspect of their service in their ads.

From past 4 days, i m facing a strange problem. when i m surfing internet or downloading something, the speed is ticking to 20-30 KB/s. but when i m checking the speed in speedtest.net, its showing around 1 Mb/s. whts the matter??? okrut is taking time to open.. pictures in orkut r not opening..

https://www.speedtest.net

:icry::icry::icry:

I'm using Reliance evdo as a back up connection in addition to my mtnl triband...I'm very happy with the service as i'm getting speeds upto 1.6 mbps.Only negative point is they also charge for upload whereas in mtnl its unlimited absolutely free..But for a wirless broadband connection reliance is good.:thumbsup:

Hi all, I have been using reliance netconnect 3.1 mbps from 4 month, the service given by customer care is ridiculus. i recharged for 3 gb and suddenly the balance got exhausted.Customer care people dont have the helping attitude and no proper service given, almost for 1 week i am waiting after registering a complaint, they are still saying due to some technical problems my balance got exhausted.The funniest thing what i heard from one customer care executive was i am having a shortfall balance of 5 rs in my a/c,These r really untrained people with limited access, speak only rubbish things with out problem solving attitude.So my friends i dont want any one to face the kind of problem what i have been facing from 1 week. the sort of mental harrasment and even i financially it affected me..so kindly beware before buying reliance netconnect. and pass on to ur friends also this message..RegardsSam

https://www.speedtest.net/result/724279494.png

I got Relicance Netconnect BB Plus few days back .. am in chennai near porur ..
I get good speeds all the times .. I perform official work by connecting to my company's VPN and the speed and applications download and usage is very good .
I work continously for 8 hours and no disconnect even once and the speed and performance is always consistent .. Download happens at 300+ kbps .. really this product is more than a Wired Broadband . even my BSNL Braodband didnot get this much speed . at speedtest i see 2.72MB/s download and 0.84MB/s upload speeds .. even my BSNL BB only gets 1.2MB/s and 0.3MB/s which is a 2MB/s plan .

overall i have good experience with this connection ,, i even got a corporate offer of 2000Rs for the Device and the connection was activated in 12 hours ..

😀

Hello all frnds im currently using reliance netconnect broadband plus data card........speed is fine for reliance data card....i use it in hybrid mode...its generally gives me 45KB/Sec (data transfer rate) most of the time.For some sites i get speed up to 65 or 85KB.At few occasions i drop down to 25 to 30KB/Sec.As wireless i think its fine ...the big problem with reliance netconnect broadband plus is that NO UNLIMITED OR BIG PLANS...available.Reliance netconnect broadband plus sucks in plans..but ok for speed...thnx....

I stay in Pai Layout, Bangalore. I am getting average speeds around 500-600 kbps. but it frequently disconnects and goes to 1x mode automatically and again after some time it switches back to HSD mode. this is not good though I am happy about speeds.

Here are my speed test results using Reliance Netconnect+

https://www.speedtest.net

Hi,

i jus bought reliance netconnect broadband+ yesterday even i faced the similar problem but then realized that i have bought reliance broadband+ not Hish Speed 1*, if you want to experince broadband+(3.1Mbps) then change the network settings to use broadband+ instead of HYBRID.before broadband+ comes reliance were using CDMA1* which is nothing but Hish Speed 1*(144kbps). it was very slow then now they introduces broadband+ if you have bought the datacard of broadband+ and you are major city then you should use broadband+ to experience the real speed. HYBRID automatically switches from broadband+ to Hish Speed 1* or vise versa.

Hi guys, I came back my country (Vietnam) 7 months ago hehe, In my home town I got 800kb download per second. It costs me only 20 usd per month, unlimited in down/up bandwidth. Everyday My usage bandwidth is more than 400gb. I think India got so many problems with their internet service, I mean so expensive services but low in quality.

You are right. I have taken a netconnect connection. Firstly I asked to the executive whether i will get Broadband+ in my home or not. and also asked about the minimum speed. He replied that I will get minimum of 256 Kbps. Event he committed that he will take return the device if I don't get 256 kbps. After the person leave I activate the device. But I become very much frustrated that I am not getting more than 40-50 kbps any how. After this the sales executive says that he will not take return the device because of Reliance policies. Then I tried to terminate the line through reliance net-connect customer care. They said that it will take 30 days to disconnect the line. It is nit yet resolved by them. I am paying the bill without using the connection. So friends please don,t go for reliance netconnect. It does not work and the customer service is very very poor. The sales executives have no business ethics at all. They are making the people fool...

Reliance NetConnect in just horrible. I wonder how they get away with promising upto 3.1 mbps and giving as low as .03 (yes) mpbs most of the time. I took the connection some 5 weeks back and immediately had to put a complaint to customer care. They kept asking me to do a hundred things like deleting temp files and blah blah...nothing helped. Asked me to install a software also which didn't work. In fact they actually could not resolve the problem and did not even clearly tell until several days that the real problem was congestion in the area (or simply put their infrastructure in this area is horrible despite the fact that this area is within 3 km radius of ITPL in Bangalore). And anyways, I am not getting good feedback from people in other areas of Bangalore.They said they would resolve the problem in 2-3 weeks time. Its been 4-5 weeks now. No resolution. They even said they would give me rebate for the time that the connection was down - but is that good enough? If it is so slow most of the time that timeouts occur on the pages or if it disconnects so often, will they really be able to give a fair rebate? (I know they don't intend to anyway). I am going for Tata Photon. At least it should be peace of mind. I have planned to spend a few mins everday to spread the message on every blog I can. I have even emailed TRAI and urge everyone do spend a few mins to do the same if they are facing this problem. They may not look at your issue in particular, but if its a genuine problem, they should be doing something. Hope this helps a few people. Also, whatever connection you take, ask them to give you a demo at your home, then take it.ThanksAM

Tata is no better u can be sure abut it wireless right now in india suxx till we get some 3g infrastructure no player can claim 3.1 mbps shit

Tata is no better u can be sure abut it wireless right now in india suxx till we get some 3g infrastructure no player can claim 3.1 mbps shit
Yes, can't be 3.1 mbps for sure or even close, but am only hoping it is somewhat better at 0.5 mbps odd in this area....have seen some people use Tata photon in this area, that will going for it (but after a demo only)....

Status
Not open for further replies.