Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus: broadband review

• Thread starter Thread starter praz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 70
  • Views Views 71,160
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

i jus bought reliance netconnect broadband+ yesterday even i faced the similar problem but then realized that i have bought reliance broadband+ not Hish Speed 1*, if you want to experince broadband+(3.1Mbps) then change the network settings to use broadband+ instead of HYBRID.before broadband+ comes reliance were using CDMA1* which is nothing but Hish Speed 1*(144kbps). it was very slow then now they introduces broadband+ if you have bought the datacard of broadband+ and you are major city then you should use broadband+ to experience the real speed. HYBRID automatically switches from broadband+ to Hish Speed 1* or vise versa.

Hi, I've got a new R net-connect BB+ few days back, called the CC several times regarding the spped, they gave me the same reason (change to BB+ instead of Hybrid) but it does not make any difference. I get only 70 kbps on an average. They have commited 3.1 mbps speed. (Bull shit). :madness:

firstly sorry for not having pictures in this thread for downloading sped , as it did not struck to me to take pictures to share when i was playing around with the demo of reliance netconnect + broadband .

Ok here is the review.

After 1 week of non stop calls from reliance people informing me that they will be coming for the demo today and blah blah , they finally came to my office on saturday.

The guy who brought the demo was nothing more than a delivery boy i felt. I asked him various questions regarding the broadband but he was confused and i felt i was talking in greek to him .

Anyway the demo package came in with a usb and a cd to install the drivers , the installation went fine .

You have to open up a connector in order to connect to the broadband and under the settings of the connector you have to enter the username and the password , the username was some reliance number and the password was the same .

I tried to connect several times but it kept on coming could not get a dial tone error repeatedly , i got frustrated and asked this guy whats wrong man! ?

He then checked in the settings again and then changed the connection type to 1x network (you get 3 choices : 1x , hsd , hybrid) , i asked him 1x network is your normal network for slow speeds so why are you connecting to that ? Guess what the reply was ?

Sir we have not launched hsd network as yet , i got even more frustrated and asked him why are you advertising for high speed data 3.1 mbps connection and misleading the users , like i thought he had no reply.

Anyway got connected to the 1x network , the speed frustrating was nothing more than 12kb download .

I disconnected and tried connecting to the hsd network again , to my surprise it got connected , i asked him how come it got connected to hsd network right now ? He said oh sorry sir hsd network is launched you can connect to the hsd network too , i just couldnt believe with what i was dealing with .

Anyway 2nd time connected with the hsd network and tried downloading some file again , guess what the speed was on hsd network too ?

Lol i was not getting more than 30kb download at the max .

I asked the guy to leave , told him you have a great product but i am not interested at all !!

Reliance is living upto its name ! Fooling people and what not !

If any of the ppl from reliance is reading this , then wake up , yall are nothing but white collar thieves !!! Robbing in day light !! Thats what yall are doin !!

reply:

You got a wrong guy,,,,,,,,,,

better you should try this no- 9884131330 or 9025606061.

If you are in chennai,,,,,,,,,,,,. Name srinivasan expert in this product.

I stay in Pai Layout, Bangalore. I am getting average speeds around 500-600 kbps. but it frequently disconnects and goes to 1x mode automatically and again after some time it switches back to HSD mode. this is not good though I am happy about speeds.

Here are my speed test results using Reliance Netconnect+

https://www.speedtest.net
bro...do u hear youself thinking..~?
the pomised speed is 3.1mbps but in real conditions u should get atleast 2mbps!!
SEE what speed your getting.?!? 0.6mbps!!
and your saying speed is good?!!! O.O

----------

https://www.speedtest.net/result/1482816033.png

----------

https://www.speedtest.net

This is the basic drawback on a wireless connection. I hate this... probably we need to switch to 3G instead of using this ...

for how long?

3G data cards were launched rather recently. just wait for an year or so, it would be same.

----------

3G is not considered as broadband so there is no requirement for the companies to provide a minimum speed on their data cards or even mobile phones.

unless TRAI establishes a minimum service guarantee thingy on wireless internet access, there is no pressure on these companies to ensure a good quality of service everywhere.

but 3G networks can handle more traffic than wireless broadband.?!! that's why in the first place they bid so highly for 3G spectrum am guessing..?! apart from video calling ofcourse 🙂

hard to explain.

cdma networks in india have been able to offer speeds of 3.1 mbps and even above without buying a special spectrum. again i am not an expert in this field.

gsm networks had to buy a special spectrum for 3G services thus the delay and the auction and the high prices.

and at least two cdma providers in the country are now offering much higher speeds on their platform... one is mts the other one is i think tata.

both of these are also probably using their existing spectrum. this baffles me considering they could have offered faster speeds years ago and the lure of 3G would have been much lower.

MTS launches MBlaze Ultra wireless broadband solution 9.8 mbps
Tata launches Tata Photon on Rev.B with support for up to 14.7mbps wireless internet 14.6 mbps

----------

also... almost all the 3G auction winners have got a very small spectrum to run their services. so unless convergence occur in the indian market or more spectrum is released, 3G services are likely to remain disappointing at least in metro cities where more customers are expected to be connected to the same network.

ToTALLY OFTOPIC : Crappy networks! 🙁 i think airtel or reliance should buy out other new telcoms like uninor or MTS like the US T-mobile deal! 😀 atleast then we can expect some 3G qaulity service!

where is the incentive to provide a better service? airtel has clearly shifted their focus to the african market. india is now just the cash generating machine for their international expansion. reliance? has never been known for their quality of service. and now they are not even the cheapest one in the market.

Hi, Can you tell me how do I call them for DEMO? also you have mentioned there were three 3 choices : 1x , hsd , hybrid, so whats the hybrid thing? may be you will get high speed by selecting this option..

----------

Reliance is the worst broadband provider.
I bought a HSD datacard which was told to have a speed of 3.1MBPs But, I was not able to atleast check my gmail account. I bought this card with an offer of 3 months

Youtube is also buffering ...........please buy after the testing HSD from your HOME site.please ...........

----------

Dear , I brought a Reliance HSD from 3 months ago , Reliance have not 3G , don't try to buy Reliance , please buy any other product...(TATA Docomo -7.1 MBPS ), MTS

----------

later after the usage of 5gb the speed went down for 15to20kpbs max ..... For a small example
an avg youtube will take me 1 year to stream .... (Please try to buy any other product , TATA Docomo , MTS , IDEA , AIRTEL , AIRCEL , Vodafone ( Reliance have no 3G network ) , and No network coverage in Metro areas .......!!!!! If you are trying to buy this please ask to sales person (Please test the speed from your HOME ) ....not be a fool............

Status
Not open for further replies.