Reliance Mobile launch a Rs. 16 plan for Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 14,990
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the plan only allows text. you won't be able to send/receive videos/photos.

facebook app is currently free on airtel over here
u have zero facebook page for free use , no image nothing ,just plain fb page free on air tel

i think the plan only allows text. you won't be able to send/receive videos/photos.
as per above link ... full fb free ... but

Any data consumed by browsing external links from Facebook will be charged.
Unless unsubscribed, the plan will auto-renew every 30 days.

u have zero facebook page for free use , no image nothing ,just plain fb page free on air tel

i am not talking about zero facebook. mobile facebook (m.facebook.com) & fb app (Nokia s40) with images is free

Well he did deliver. Even though the devices were horrible and the service was crappy. It did bring down mobile calling charges significantly.

Careful!The base rate is 10p/10kb. Whatsapp/fb might not get charged but the rest will. If you're using an android phone, all sorts of background internet communication will be going on and you'd be left wondering about your talk time balance getting deducted.Few months ago, airtel was giving 500mb of free facebook browsing. A close friend of mine was not tech savvy so he got the surprise after 2 days.

How is the billing regulated? I mean no charge for certain apps and charges when surfing or using other apps?

used Reliance whatsapp plan on GSM, and it was a horrible experience, cause I kept of getting deduction notifications till it was all empty.
Reasons
To keep whatsapp running you would keep phone DATA ON, which will trigger lots of sync
Gmail,calendar, maps,playstore update checks, android OS update if enabled, so Reliance allowing whatsapp for this cheap price, also gives other apps to run in bag-round and pay them for the usage which you didn't wanted to do.
if you check Whatsapp, excluding images and videos, will consume only a few MB's in a week, but having this plan you would end up paying more than any other data plan available.
If someone wants to use it, make sure you don't have any balance on the phone so other app usage doesn't get thru, however don't know by having a zero balance will this Rs.16 crap would still work.....

Right. This would have worked better if you could selectively enable data connectivity on individual apps.

with reliance we need to be careful while using this plan as rcomwap has to be used with whatsapp plan to avoind the deductions. But this is only for those people who ONLY use whatapp in their mobile nothing else.
in whatapp also if you have to download images/it is chargable
overall its not interesting plan.
I rather suggest to use a 116 recharge where you get 125MB free and 100 talk time. in that u used the whatsapp also and other internet also and whatsapp with all download of images+video.

Status
Not open for further replies.