Reliance JioMoney Merchant Solutions

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 4,625
I think it is too early to pass the verdict that Jio is failing. Its been only 3 months yet marred by anti competitive moves y AVoId and various settling in issues. I myself haven't used my Jio in a long time but I definitely don't see Jio as a failure yet. It is way too early to pass that judgement considering that they will be launching so many more services in the near future.

connections have been restricted at 4GB per day and even then people are barely getting usable speeds. now it is down to 1GB and we shall see if that provide anywhere near 4G speeds on Jio connections to majority of the customers.

jiofiber rollout seems to be crawling as well. and package pricing does not seem promising.

Completely agree. The speed surely has taken a major dip....I myself stopped using the SIM since quite some time. But their speeds have only gone down due to the freebies provided leading to network choking. The call drop rates have improved tremendously but a lot needs to be achieved yet on that front. Ultimately, when the dust settles finally after few months, Jio would survive for sure. Though they faltered a lot on the speeds, but fiber and DTH might as well keep them afloat. Lets see what is on cards.

they are dependent upon competition only for calls. they are in complete control over their data network. so if their data networks are struggling to handle the load of the huge (non paying) customer base they have accumulated even at 1GB limit per day... god help them in future. few people would jump ships for free calls from their existing operator. at best, people with dual SIMs might end up using them for free calls while still paying to a competitor for data services.

i do not see myself shifting any of my home connections to jio in the near future.

@ Sushubh. I have been using Jio since May, and also accepts that the speed has dropped significantly which also frustrates me, but you have to understand one thing that Jio is working really hard to solve these problems. For example, at my cousin's place the speed after Sep launch was around 2-5Mbps, but now on an average he gets 20-30Mbps. Unfortunately, i am only getting 1-3Mbps due to excessive congestion and limited no of the tower near my place, but on an average Jio team visits my apartment once a week, and now they are planning ‘In building solution’ to boost the speed.
I have been using Airtel since 12 years as my primary connection, and i can guarantee you that if Airtel's network would have been under similar congestion, the network would have failed. The reason is that, even today in many areas Airtel's network fails to connect to the internet, it displays LTE, H+, or H but there is no data transmission. Also, Airtel recently launched 4G (Only because, there was a threat from Jio) in my city (However, previously they were convinced that, my city didn't needed 4G), and since most of the people are using Jio, Airtel's network is completely uncongested, but even then i get speed up to 14Mbps. Also, i can bet that Airtel will never give anything for free, it is so profit oriented that, it never leaves any chance to charge (I mean rob) its customers (Remember once they tried to charge for Skype, and other VOIP services).
Furthermore, Jio has really wide network. For example, my village which is about 60KM from my city is connected to high speed internet (Speed of about 30-40Mbps) and even other small villages which are 15-20KM off any Highway are getting high speed internet. And, in case you want to know about other operator in the region, Airtel launched 3G a year back in my village, but those small villages are yet to get Airtel's network (Apart from Jio, they only have BSNL).
You, have to realize one BIG thing, Jio has really moved India towards digital age, and please don't worry about the speed, it will eventually become good. Broadband was introduced in India around 2000, 16 years has passed and because of these manipulative operators we are still stuck will FUPs and minimum broadband speed of 512Kbps (By the way Airtel still wants that, speed after high speed quota should be reduced to 64Kbps, in order to provide their overly expensive service to more people).
I really Thank Jio from bottom of my heart to push this Internet age throughout India (Since, now i don't have to worry about high speed internet connectivity). If it had not been Jio i would have never been able to enjoy 4K HDR contention on my TV, i would have never been able to enjoy True Unlimited Internet service, I would have never been able to enjoy free calls to any network and nationwide free roaming.
And i feel really bad to see people arguing about things such as Jio's speed and its cynical intentions and lauding other operator for their call connectivity and even internet, but they forget one big thing if it was in hands of incumbent operators it was not far away when you would have been forced to pay Rs 500/GB. Also because of these operators our Broadband penetration is so less.

Last edited:
Well said @kumar.nishant.keshri
Paying nothing and expecting the operator to give out of world experience is too far fetched I believe. As its just the beginning of the journey for Jio, I am sure things will get sorted eventually. And yes, it is because of Jio and ONLY Jio that all the operators have passed on more benefits to the customers, else we would still be living in 3G era. AVoId have been fortifying their 4G presence last 1.5 yrs only to preempt Jio and to stop the customer churn. Had it not been Jio, you would still be paying high for all your telecom services. And expanding portfolio of services to include Digital wallet, FTTH and DTH is not something irregular or un-expected in a cut throat industry.

At the end of it, we all should understand that Jio is in the market to do business and not charity. Nobody ever complained when Flipkart and Snapdeal were giving huge discounts to build the customer base OR when Ola/Uber offered free rides for as much as Rs.500 in the initial days just to get more and more customers in the beginning.

On one side Mukesh Ambani claims that Jio is the fastest growing tech company in the world. And on the other hand, they provide shitty services and people defend them by saying that it would get better, they are working on it, it's free so it's being abused. both things do not go together. either you claim you are providing real world services comparable to competition or you are in beta testing and are not actually launched.

Flipkart and Snapdeal were not delivering fake products in the name of real products. Uber was not dropping you 5KM from your home in the name of beta testing. They were and are providing complete services no matter what you pay them.

as for creating competition... i have not gained anything from the launch of jio. i am still paying around Rs. 250 for 1GB of mobile data. and it's excitel which has launched and provided an actual alternative to airtel to me. i can get a 10mbps unlimited connection for just Rs. 800. jio has nothing to do with it. and it's smaller players like these who would provide actual competition to these giants in small areas around the country. jio is unlikely to become an alternative to wired broadband for many people for years.

Reactions: Smh
I have worked for several telecom companies and now with Jio. Though it is only 7 month for me with the company, but what they are doing will be game changing moment for the company and the country as a whole. I understand the cynical and conspiracy theories from the people outside of the company because they are afraid of sudden changes with which the situation change around them (however, such theories are entertainment stuffs for us...keep them coming 🙂).

as for digital wallet... it's Paytm which has provided me with a real alternative to carrying cash. i have not seen a single outlet around my place that accepts jiomoney. paytm is accepted pretty much everywhere.

i would call jio game changing when it actually changes the game. right now it is just dragging down the telecom market with it with poor quality of service and even worse customer support through social media channels.

i do not have to be cynical about anything. i gain from the success of jio. the two months when jio was the hottest thing in the market few weeks ago, i actually got a massive bump in revenue through this forum. i am rooting for them. but i am yet to see any indication that they are ready to take on the likes of airtel and vodafone. yes, i have a few friends who are happy with jio connections but only because they are paying zilch for the second sim in their phones. i am yet to find a single friend who would mnp their primary number to jio today or in near future.

....Flipkart and Snapdeal were not delivering fake products in the name of real products...

I think you're wrong over here. I was working with one of these companies in the past I can vouch for the fact that many merchants use to ship fake products, no fault of Flipkart and Snapdeal but it was the brand names of these which took massive beating, specially Snapdeal. A simple google search would bring out many articles regarding this.
Anyways, I think Jio is a great alternative for people who have been bullied by Airtel and Vodafone in the past. There's something called as Learning Curve which will come into picture sooner than later for Jio. I am not a Jio employee and neither am using their SIM card for some time now. Ofcourse, opinions and perceptions do differ from person to person

Just got my jio sim 2 days back ... it was not which i expect from a 4g network but i must give this to jio it has better network than idea and vodafone ( i am using both ) . speed is not that great just getting 2-3 mbps which is sufficient to book ola uber and surf fb nd other stuff outside . I took it as a backup of my wired internet and it connects every single time .
I think jio gonna be among top 3 once they stopped this free stuff .

@Sushubh , Everybody has their own experience and opinion about Jio and I respect that. However, for me Jio has changed a lot. I live in a city where Broadband operators (Both Public and Private), have looted customer by charging Rs 1000 for 1Mbps to Rs 2600 for 4Mbps. So, for me when Jio stated its referral program (May 2016), I was among the first few to buy Lyf smartphone and use their service. For the first time in my city, I experienced a speed of about 30-40Mbps, which also motivated me to get a 4K HDR TV and Netflix subscription. In addition, again for the first time, I was able to play multiplayer online games on my Ps4, without any disconnections and lag. Finally, I am also very thankful for JioGigafiber, which they have planned for my city (That has been confirmed by local Jio representative). In conclusion, I am thankful to Jio for changing my internet experience, even though there are some challenges but, I am very positive that, in recent future, Jio will excel and people will respect that.