Reliance JiogGigaFiber is now #JioFiber

• Thread starter Thread starter NikhilS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 1,535
ISP
BSNL
Yep.

They have added the logo and the site has been changed to fiber.jio.com (gigafiber is also working though)

Last edited by a moderator:
So that may mean they are not bringing the 1 Gbps plans

gigafiber was a crappy branding because not all of their plans are going to be gigabit. plus jio fiber is just better branding. simpler and to the point.

hmm if they are going to use standard coaxial cable too so even 'Jio Fiber' is not accurate.

jio fiber is completely unpredictable at this point, they are testing, changing so much stuff too frequently. Do they want to become a broadband company or a cable company or something else ?

Announcement at AGM were very vague and idk when they will achieve their goals with their current progress rate. That Maharashtra cable company fb page made it clear jio has not reached an agreement with LCOs yet. Their installation and support team sucks, cannot cater properly to even preview users.

I think 05 sep launch date will be delayed or it will be a soft launch no more free internet for preview users.

Other DTH providers have started launching their android boxes so that a good outcome from all the hype otherwise there is nothing exciting.

September 05 was always going to be kind of soft launch and just to start charging existing free users.

They've said there are only 5 lakh users currently whereas they want to reach 1.5-2 crore users overall.

That is a huge number and will take years to reach anyways.

hmm if they are going to use standard coaxial cable too so even 'Jio Fiber' is not accurate.

jio fiber is completely unpredictable at this point, they are testing, changing so much stuff too frequently. Do they want to become a broadband company or a cable company or something else ?

Announcement at AGM were very vague and idk when they will achieve their goals with their current progress rate. That Maharashtra cable company fb page made it clear jio has not reached an agreement with LCOs yet. Their installation and support team sucks, cannot cater properly to even preview users.

I think 05 sep launch date will be delayed or it will be a soft launch no more free internet for preview users.

Other DTH providers have started launching their android boxes so that a good outcome from all the hype otherwise there is nothing exciting.
I don't understand the logic of giving a STB which gives JIO IPTV as well as local cable TV . Seems dumb . Can anyone explain this kichdi ? Disappointed at this strategy

So I spoke to my area appointed technician regarding connection. According to him they divide the area based on certain criteria. Now based on that the area needs to have 24,000 connection requests to qualify for installations. Now this some next level BS going on here.

• LOL
Reactions: Smh
September 05 was always going to be kind of soft launch and just to start charging existing free users.

They've said there are only 5 lakh users currently whereas they want to reach 1.5-2 crore users overall.

That is a huge number and will take years to reach anyways.
they are too damm slow even PSUs would be ashamed

this thread is from 2013 🤣 🤣 🤣

jzoRCcO.jpg

yDtuGU2.jpg

ktKWqDB.jpg

eYOxlMd.jpg

Yeah, FTTH has been slow rollout for everybody not just Jio I guess due to the high cost of fiber cables and ONU/OLT equipment.

Only recently in last couple of years we are getting super cheap devices and cabling that is why only now rollout is progressing slowly but steadily.

I remember BSNL FTTH was there on their website for so many years and cost of modem ONU device was like 20k or something 😀 Finally it came to my home one year ago after me suffering with 13 years old BSNL ADSL connection.