• Thread starter Thread starter D@rekills4
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 6,294

D@rekills4

ISP
BSNL
Hello,

Now that JioFiber has launched, there's a large influx of users wishing to opt for it. I thought about creating a thread for existing JioFiber users to share their results based on the below tests

It would be really helpful if existing JIO users could share the results of the below test (Do mention your plan speed)

1. SpeedTest Results to below servers:
a. Any two servers within India.
b. Singapore – Singtel (Or any other Singaporean server)
c. London – Vodafone UK (Or any other European server)
d. Los Angeles, CA – Speedtest.net (Or any other U.S. server, (California preferred))

2. Change your DNS Servers to CloudFlare’s DNS (1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1) or Google’s DNS (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) Server.
Visit DNS leak test, do an extended test and post its results.

Here is a good tutorial on how to change your DNS Server:
How to Change Your Windows DNS

3. Ping the following servers and post the results.
a. speedtest.sng01.softlayer.com
b. speedtest.lon02.softlayer.com
c. la-speedtest.cainternet.net

I made a batch file for your convenience, just save it as a ".bat" extension, run it and post the results.

Code:
@echo off
ping speedtest.sng01.softlayer.com
ping speedtest.lon02.softlayer.com
ping la-speedtest.cainternet.net
echo "Press any key to exit"
PAUSE

• The owners of the servers above have the ability to associate your personal IP address with the names of all the sites you connect to and store this data indefinitely. This does not mean that they do log or store it indefinitely but they may and you need to trust whatever their policy says.
Yeah, no thanks.

• The owners of the servers above have the ability to associate your personal IP address with the names of all the sites you connect to and store this data indefinitely. This does not mean that they do log or store it indefinitely but they may and you need to trust whatever their policy says.
Yeah, no thanks.

If you are this concerned about privacy, you should not be using Jio at all.
They are known to be using deep packet analysis to steal all your precious data.

It is an optical terminal. You have to use that to connect to fiber obviously. There is also inbuilt wireless capability. You could disable it and attach your own wireless router ut Jio Rs 4500 router has great speed and range hence I haven't done so.
The Speedtest result and pings are already done several times. Look at the relevant thread right here.

It is an optical terminal. You have to use that to connect to fiber obviously. There is also inbuilt wireless capability. You could disable it and attach your own wireless router ut Jio Rs 4500 router has great speed and range hence I haven't done so.
The Speedtest result and pings are already done several times. Look at the relevant thread right here.

Alright, thank you for the information.
I know there's probably hordes of SpeedTest results lying out there but I wanted to consolidate them all into one place, at least on this forum.

And I also wanted to check if they are leaking DNS requests. Because I use OpenDNS in my office for blocking certain websites.
If they are leaking DNS requests, I might not opt for Jio Fiber. Deep Packet Analysis already is a massive deal breaker for me, will have to get a VPN either ways.

I am gonna bumb this. Forget about the SpeedTest, can someone atleast tell me if they are leaking DNS requests by doing a DNS Leak Test?

oxLfDiW.png

Not sure wht this means. Done on phone connected by WiFi to jiofiber on 2.4ghz band

oxLfDiW.png

Not sure wht this means. Done on phone connected by WiFi to jiofiber on 2.4ghz band

Thank you!
Can I know if you changed the DNS Servers to Cloudflare's DNS Servers (1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1) or Google's DNS Servers (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) in your WiFi settings prior to executing this test?

To put it in simple terms, every website is an IP address.
So basically, when you type in broadbandforum.co, your computer will ask the DNS server, what is the IP address of Broadbandforum.co and redirect you to it.

In some cases, ISPs catch these DNS requests and sent it to their own DNS server for the purpose of website blocking and data collection.

And that's something I cannot have in my office network, which is why I am asking if Jio leaks DNS requests.

good thing is that after firefox, chrome is also finally adding integrated DOH support. ESNI would take more time.

good thing is that after firefox, chrome is also finally adding integrated DOH support. ESNI would take more time.

Indeed. I read about it a few days back and was so happy. Though I was unaware Chrome is implementing it as well. Good for them.

Last edited: