Reliance Jio Fiber Routers and ONTs

The last successful login a month ago iirc. Actually I had complained about slow Wifi speeds then Jio engineer came and reset my ONT but I don't think he changed any password.

I can access via MyJio app but not through browser.

Then the password should be the default one - Jiocentrum
Are you sure you are typing it correctly? (with a capital J)

Then it means your password has been changed. You say you have not changed it which means the engineer who came did it (I see no reason why he would do that).
You are then left with only one option which is to reset the router.
(I just checked if it is possible to login to the router via the Jio app. It is not.)

i assume login form would not be blocking paste. so copy paste it from where you can see the characters perhaps?

I have connected my Mi 3c router to Jio ONT and it shows link speed of only 72 Mbps. Is there any way to increase this link speed?

On a side note, I am thinking of getting a dual-band router, suggest me one. It should have a decent 5 GHz range and more importantly 2.4 GHz speed should be upto the mark like 50-60 Mbps on a consistent basis. Budget 3-4k

has anyone been successful forwarding port on router or bridging?
I get 80mbps on TP-Link wifi router on 2.4Ghz
Bridging doesn't work. I've tried and the internet just refuses to connect once it is activated. Somebody on TE also tried copying MAC, but thar wasn't useful too.
I just connect my Netgear R7800 via a lan cable to a lan port on Jio's router. Works fine. Full speeds.
I have connected my Mi 3c router to Jio ONT and it shows link speed of only 72 Mbps. Is there any way to increase this link speed?

On a side note, I am thinking of getting a dual-band router, suggest me one. It should have a decent 5 GHz range and more importantly 2.4 GHz speed should be upto the mark like 50-60 Mbps on a consistent basis. Budget 3-4k
Get a Netgear R7000. Generally goes for 9-10k, but Flipkart had this recent sale where it went for 5k. With the upcoming sales, you might get it for that price.

Okay, I am seriously fed up with 2.4 GHz. I bought a 30-meter ethernet cable, connected Mi 3c router with it downstairs. Yesterday I was getting decent speeds around 40 Mbps and now it has suddenly dropped to 1~2 Mbps.

What the fuck is going on?

I had similar setup for my Bsnl Broadband but I always had a consistent speed of 10 Mbps.

Okay, I am seriously fed up with 2.4 GHz. I bought a 30-meter ethernet cable, connected Mi 3c router with it downstairs. Yesterday I was getting decent speeds around 40 Mbps and now it has suddenly dropped to 1~2 Mbps.

What the fuck is going on?

I had similar setup for my Bsnl Broadband but I always had a consistent speed of 10 Mbps.
Please ditch sub par routers. Router is your gateway to the internet, and most people will opt for el cheapo stuff. That's where you need to step up since all load distribution, link speeds etc is depending on your router.

Get a good router mate.

Yeah I understand that but what's baffling to me I never faced this issue on BSNL Broadband. It always gave me consistent speeds. I am worried that I spend 4-5k and the results are still the same.

Last edited: