Reliance Jio Fiber Routers and ONTs

TP Archer C6 AC1200 or Tenda AC10 1200 Mbps? Which one to buy? both have the same price.

I was waiting for Netgear R7000 price to drop to 5k but that didn't happen.
I have both but I am currently using Tenda AC10 and the WiFi coverage is amazing compared to TP-Link AC1200 plus I simply love the design of Tenda AC10. Speedwise, they are the same. One advantage of the TPLink AC1200 is that it has one USB Port but the same is not present in Tenda AC10.

Single band ONT got an firmware update.

1.88>>1.94

Still not able to select WiFi channels manually..

Screenshot-20191005-150550.png

Anybody managed to change DNS in the ONT? I tried to add my pi-hole DNS but it works only till I restart the ONT. After rebooting it automatically sets the default ISP DNS.

The dual band ONT (the 4500 one) got an update as well.

GyTuiNc.png

Are you sure that this ONT got a firmware upgrade? As far as i remember, the screenshot that you have shared has been the same since a long time. That firmware upgrade screen lets you upload a firmware update file (if you have one) and apply it.

Yes. It has definitely got a firmware update. I don't remember the earlier firmware version but I do remember the date. It was 6th March 2019 and now the date is 13th August 2019.
But I don't see anything different after the update. Everything is the same.

Yes. It has definitely got a firmware update. I don't remember the earlier firmware version but I do remember the date. It was 6th March 2019 and now the date is 13th August 2019.
But I don't see anything different after the update. Everything is the same.

Do we have to do anything to update or is automatic?