Reliance Jio Fiber Routers and ONTs

I thought Cat 6a cable up to the length of 50m was fine? or was it 100m?

Edit: It's back to ~50 Mbps now @2.4 GHz

Bridging doesn't work. I've tried and the internet just refuses to connect once it is activated. Somebody on TE also tried copying MAC, but thar wasn't useful too.
So that means I cannot connect some other router to the Jio Home gateway wirelessly?
For example : I want to use my old TP-Link router as a range extender with my Jio Fiber connection. Is that possible?

Could you please tell me how to do that?
Because even though the Jio router has a good range, since it is kept in the hall I don't get a very good signal in my room which is some distance from the hall.
And I have a TP-Link router which I used before getting a Jio Fiber connection.
So I was thinking about using it as a range extender.

Another option for a multi storied house is using Broadband thru Powerlines but I am not sure about the economics. I think it is v expensive ☹

@socrates The problem is not the speed, the issue is that it is inconsistent sometimes it drops to 1~2 Mbps. If it remains consistent at 50 Mbps or even 40 Mbps I am happy with that.

@socrates The problem is not the speed, the issue is that it is inconsistent sometimes it drops to 1~2 Mbps. If it remains consistent at 50 Mbps or even 40 Mbps I am happy with that.
It is not consistent because the uplink speed decreases from 150Mbps to 72Mbps in the presence of other 2.4GHz wifi. This could be one reason. I have seen this happening frequently with 2.4GHz band wifi routers. There might be other technical reasons as well.

Another option for a multi storied house is using Broadband thru Powerlines but I am not sure about the economics. I think it is v expensive ☹

There's one Xiaomi one available on AliExpress and a few others too, which are around $35-$50 range

Note: I have not tried any of the products/order in the above links, so don't blame me if anything happens/does not happen 😛

It is not consistent because the uplink speed decreases from 150Mbps to 72Mbps in the presence of other 2.4GHz wifi. This could be one reason. I have seen this happening frequently with 2.4GHz band wifi routers. There might be other technical reasons as well.

Apart from the usual suspect of other WiFi's on the same band there is another possible culprit, that is microwave ovens

Nothing. Just set up your TP-Link router in extender mode, if thats possible and then set up accordingly. Its different for every router so I cannot tell you the exact setup.

There isn't any dedicated option like extender mode in the router, that's the problem.
If there was an option, it would have been easier.

The extender function is called WDS in TP-Link routers. And you can find them under 2.4 & 5GHz wifi settings. It is not exactly a extender but it can bridge different APs.

Last edited: