Reliance Jio Fiber Landline Dead

• Thread starter Thread starter Dhiraj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 11,577

Dhiraj

ISP
JioFiber
My landline number has gone dead since a day. There's no dial tone. My gigafber ONT is working fine and so is the internet.

My landline number has gone dead since a day. There's no dial tone. My gigafber ONT is working fine and so is the internet.

Are you using the default DNS of Jio or third party DNS? VoIP of Jio doesn't with third party DNS.

I have never fiddled with any of their settings. It was working fine all these days and suddenly went dead without me doing anything. Raised a complaint, lets see when they resolve it.

No use of raising a complaint. The Jio engineers are not capable of solving issues related to landline. They are only able to help with a router issue (hopefully).

Do incoming calls work?
What message do you get when you dial from your mobile to your Jio landline?

I have never fiddled with any of their settings. It was working fine all these days and suddenly went dead without me doing anything. Raised a complaint, lets see when they resolve it.
try restarting/ resetting your ONT+ Router...

If you have the black or newer Router. You need to Reset that. Jio engineers also seem to be troubled by this sorcery. I heard their tales when they came last week for the visit. The easiest solution they recommend is to just reset it and revert back to the last firmware. Auto firmware upgrades seem to be the problem as per them.

No use of raising a complaint. The Jio engineers are not capable of solving issues related to landline. They are only able to help with a router issue (hopefully).
yeah you are correct. Im facing this issue for past 1 month.
Did it resolved for you ? If so please suggest me what to do.

did it resolved for you ? if so please suggest me what to do
im facing this issue for past 1 month Jio fiber team is not helping for this issue.
Please help

Thanks for your reply @ap99
  1. I have restarted many times but still voice call not connecting.
  2. I have set DNS as "Get dynamic from ISP" in my Jio router. Also i tried setting static primary DNS as 1.1.1.1 and secondary DNS as 1.0.0.1 and another variant as primary DNS as 8.8.8.8 and sec DNS as 8.8.4.4
But voice call not worked.
Please suggest any other options to resolve this

I have the DNS set to 'Use DNS Proxy'. This is the default setting I think. You can try setting that as well instead of 'Get dynamic from ISP'.
Also 1.1.1.1 is the DNS for Cloudflare and 8.8.8.8 is the DNS for Google. So if you use any of those, landline won't work.

Yes i also can see that option "Use DNS Proxy" if i set this and click on save it says "Invalid Primary DNS IP address. Please enter a value between 1 - 223 for octet 1".

Can you pls let me know what dns should i set for both primary and secondary DNS