Reliance #JioFiber Broadband plans & related info

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 197
  • Views Views 21,847
Looks like it will take 2021 to stabilize for jio fiber. Airtel ftth and bundled IPTV with decent pricing can heat up the competition

For now my parents home in Hyderabad have been using jio fiber since Apr so far paid 4500 (white dual band router) ..Nothing more. Asked them to continue using and not pay a rupee more until they launch decent plans

If Jio doesn't change their plans as soon as I get any news on when they will start charging for their plans, I will apply for Airtel connection and hope they can provide me one.

When jio put the conduits under the footpath in Dec 2014 I had asked Airtel if they can come to my colony but they said they had no plans to do so. So everyone in my area had to look for other options. I choose jiofi & when jiofiber came in Jan 2019 everyone jumped on this wagon. As we had only MTNL which went dead for months on end & cablewallahs net connection.

When I said change to a paid plan on your own, I meant that you would yourself choose to end your free trial and change to a paid plan.
You can’t do it on the app. You have to call their sales people. They will ask you to close your present free account and sign up for a new paid account. Then you can choose a higher speed plan and you will get the set top box as well. I won’t recommend it though.

Any idea how long Jio will continue the free trial? MyJio App no longer shows the banner which said something like "Our representatives will contact you to migrate to paid plan"

Looks like present plans are fixed for now.

Yesterday jio guys looking for new broadband customers in streets.
And there's No free for new customers. And they are telling these plans only.

Oh well ! I hope Airtel launches fibre in my society before Jio forces me to move to a paid plan.

The pings on Jio are getting worse, and sites like Reddit and Imgur are taking a lot of time to open. Seems like the routing has gone to shit.