So no new updates at all?

Apparently not.This has bee the weirdest launch ever. Why bother launching if you are not going to charge anyone or allow anyone to choose a plan?

It's shit!

But I think they r toning down the expectations to launch real plans. I asked my JIO manager to confirm, and he asked me to wait.

Today, Hathway also called me and offered 100mbps/no fup for RS 550 all in. I'm sure they must be having some hint to JIO plans.
Due to problems from local providers they announced these plans.
They will revise and launch soon.

Wait for this weekend.they are going to launch very disruptive plans and then paid service will start.my jio executive told me the same.

Wait for this weekend.they are going to launch very disruptive plans and then paid service will start.my jio executive told me the same.
There might be some temporary discount but the plans are going to remain as they are. The cost of internet will go up for all providers by next year.

It's possible. Jio already introduced "Diwali offer" for JioPhone 2. Maybe JioFiber is next.

There might be some temporary discount but the plans are going to remain as they are. The cost of internet will go up for all providers by next year.
Did you know what plans introduced when jio launched on 2017. (for 499rs only 4Gb per month)
But What they actually given, after 3 months paid services started.
Even after 1 year in 2018 they doubled the data.
bK2k4nk.jpg

On what basis do you say this? @Lobogris ?
Most experts have stated that Jio will raise prices on 4g by next year. If they do so, rather when they do, others will follow.
Once mobile broadband becomes more expensive, landline prices will follow. Jio has already taken a lead by announcing higher landline broadband prices. Once they actually start charging them, other providers are bound to increase their rates a little as well. Nothing drastic but the current Jio plans might become the new normal with the occasional discount and extra data thrown in. Like Airtel does. Extra 500 Gb for 3 months every so often and a Rs 100 to 200 discount on the monthly price.

I'm currently paying Rs. 1500 including taxes for 100 mbps 750 GB FUP on BSNL FTTH 1277 plan - I hope it stays that way, if it's not going to decrease 😀

I'm OK with other small local ISPs raising their prices because I don't have them in my area.

Hi,

I got the jio fiber 2 days ago. But I think you cannot make international calls with landline. And there are no plans mentioned about it. Anyone got any idea about it?

Hi,

I got the jio fiber 2 days ago. But I think you cannot make international calls with landline. And there are no plans mentioned about it. Anyone got any idea about it?

In their initial announcement they had said there would be seperate packs for making international calls but nothing seen yet. I guess we just have to wait & watch.