Reliance Jio Wi-Fi Calling (VoWiFi) launched officially

@varkey there are channels on yt which regularly gives updates on open beta for OnePlus, just saw one today. Don't get it.. Betas aren't worth it.
Unless you are too desperate for network range.
Let the stable version come out. It will in a couple of weeks maybe even one week.

Its a big route to get back to stable version. From beta to stable version. The device storage will be wiped. So might need to create backup.

I'll probably wait. Not in a hurry. I just have a bit of connectivity issue at office but then Jio VoWifi doesn't seem to work with my office WiFi for some reason (on colleagues' phones). Yet to troubleshoot as to why.

Last edited:
Not sure, the wireless network is pretty open and doesn't have any captive portal for auth etc. However the default DNS resolver is located in Europe, unsure if that has anything to do with the problem. Have to try with a different resolver to see if it makes a diff.

In my office Airtel VoWifi works, just Jio that is not working.

^^ Confirmed, its the issue with the DNS resolver, I changed to Google DNS on my colleague's phone (Samsung A50s) and VoWiFi worked. I guess Jio VoWifi doesn't work with non-Indian DNS resolvers. I think that also explains why sometimes it fails to work with 1.1.1.1 where you might get routed to the CloudFlare node in Singapore.

Does VoWIFI works on Jio if you insert a sim which doesn't have an active plan? Can anyone try this please?

not sure what you are asking. vowifi would not let you make calls without an active plan. but vowifi was enabled on my phone on a brand new jio sim that was not activated. phone showed volte without wifi and vowifi when in wifi.

Just updated my OnePlus 6T with the latest beta update which claims to enable Jio VoWIFI. But it's not working so far. Tried it with a Jio sim card which doesn't have an active plan. So just wanted to confirm.

Any Oneplus 6T Openbeta 5 users here with working Jio vowifi?