Reliance Jio vs. Airtel (and the rest)

Low VLR of Jio is mainly due to
  1. Data card users
  2. Freeloaders have taken multiple Sim initially, Jio is yet to inactivate them
Article may be wrong in saying that Jio is being used as secondary number

^^
I am now using Jio as primary number.
  • When calling to other Jio number, the Voice Quality is clearly superior.
  • The problem is when I have to call AVoId group numbers. It is quite clear that AVoId and MTNL to some extent are actively blocking or hindering calls to and from Jio network. But this can even be Jio's own problem.
  • However, the data speed is acceptable to very good on Jio and calls go through 90% of times.
  • I absolutely used to get into rage when 4G symbol used to change to E on my iPhone on Airtel and Vodafone network. Having E displayed means a big FU and "You can't do jackshit on your phone now"
  • On Jio, it's always 4G or nothing.

I have 3 jio sim. I don't use them anymore because their speed sucks here. Even when signal strength is good. I use idea and airtel. Even their signal are weak inside my home but still their speed is always 10mbps on average.

Airtel is the last company on earth that i have seen to have an apt for upgradation. They clearly lost because of their own lacksidal attitude. Other parts of the world even on 2g/3g use superior voice technology and people there don't even feel a need for the VoLTE. In our case calling on 3g is no different from 2g except the data speed. I really enjoy the call clarity that Jio brings to the table. Data speeds on jio for me are more or less the same that i get either on Airtel or Idea. For me it was only the voice clarity and better coverage for a move from Airtel to Jio and i have no regrets.

Airtel ready to f__k Jio...
Airtel Offers Unlimited Roaming Voice Calls, 500MB Data for 27 Days at Rs 59
-- dead tinypic image removed --

Times Now

Last edited: