Reliance Jio True 5G

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies 805
  • Views Views 106,598
@RKhan21 for 3months? Also from where you recharge jio app or website

I recharged with ₹395 plan 83 days ago and got UL 5G data throughout. There is an UL 5G datapack under add ons, with the same validity as the base plan. And i just noticed that there is another UL 5g datapack_23D(under active plans) whose validity ends 23 days after my base plan expires tomorrow. That's confusing. Will update once the queued ₹395 plan kicks in tomorrow.

Initially a plan gets activated with a validity of 23days, however a few days later another Unlimited 5g plan automatically kicks in with validity till the end of your current base plan.

Yes, value plans support unlimited 5g. I got the Welcome offer in Jan when I was on the value plan. I also recharged with the 395 value plan around the end of Jan with which I have been using unlimited 5g until yesterday, and today I have again recharged with 395 value plan and I continue to use unlimited 5g.

I recharged with 61 twice (12/1/23 and 23/3/23) but no 5G invite. I am on 666 plan.

I generated Port code twice (1/12/22 and 25/3/23) to threaten them but still no 5G invite. 😉

And secondary sim in my phone on 329 (which later changed to 395 plan) got 5G invite few months ago.

I tried everything like sim slot interchange, only sim with 666 plan, changing network mode, etc. etc. but no luck.

Anyway, I have made peace with it, I am shifting to Airtel (for other reasons, not 5G, my second sim will remain Jio) next month when my 666 plan ends.

My device is S20FE5G. Airtel's & Jio's 5G works fine. I have tested it myself in my own device.

@SYKE as mentioned by @shantam, first UL 5G is enabled for 23 days and later for the remaining days of the plan. I didn't notice this in the last recharge cycle as the switch was seamless & happened automatically. I was able to use UL 5G throughout the last recharge cycle of ₹395 plan i.e. 84 days.
@mgdelhi try switching your Jio sim(without welcome offer) to a device that has received Jio's welcome offer. Your SIM will get the offer as well on that device. And then switch back.

My secondary sim got 5g even on 119₹ 14days plan. I got invite on 3rd day i guess on using the data at night time.
No plan in sim currently. Still shows 5g trial offer.