Reliance Jio True 5G

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies 805
  • Views Views 106,645
@yougotmehere no i did not got the invitation but when i toggle airplane mode i get 5g for few seconds and then again back to LTE.

Then i checked network field test and saw 5g NR SDMactivation listed

seems like jio has deployed the 5g radio in my area but waiting activation.

Though chandigarh is already jio 5g enabled and few people from my area are posting speedtest results of 5g with 600-700mbps speed. In my case i am getting activation error

@Lucifer96 use force lte app to enable nr only mode and then check if you are still able to place a call or not. If it work then your phone is vonr enabled but disable in settings. Samsung phones have currently disable vonr due to its inconsistency, it will enable in future updates.

@RealBinod , I have checked while forcing nr only, call is not going through on s22+. I was under the assumption that it s22+ supports vonr.

I have travelled to another city and instantly i got latched to 5g and speeds are as expected on n78 I got around 600 to 700 mbps but never reached 1 gbps.

The one interesting thing was poor performance on 5g CA when I got latched to n28+n78 the results were around 16 mbps download and 1 mbps upload and latency around 3000ms.

Check out my Speedtest result! How fast is your internet?

Source

Any user of google pixel 7 pro able to use True 5g with JIO ESIM in Delhi? Beta 2 update has enabled 5g on P7P. It latches to Airtel 5G perfectly.

I have ported out of Vi and my number should get activated by tomorrow night. I intend to use 199 postpaid plan.
Any clarity on this will be appreciated.

Bro... It's literally showing on your phone that you're on VoLTE. As I've said on the forum before, just because the data service on your phone is connected to a 5G network doesn't mean your calls are also VoNR. Data and voice are handled independently of each other on your phone. And Jio is still in testing VoNR as far as they've announced.

Good to see that Vivo also supports VoNR. It seems that they're slowly allowing VoNR for each device after testing. For me VoNR on my OnePlus started working since December starting itself but it's still unstable

@pillaicha What the phone shows doesn't matters. And what ur saying is NSA feature where data goes via NR and calls via LTE simultaneously which is not possible on SA. I think u aren't understanding the meaning of "Standalone"

See this I have a rooted phone with Network signal guru app u can see the VoLTE icon on top but it's VoNR call
Screenshot-2022-12-28-10-28-54-31-a2a5fdc6850144137057ba851b3c6cca.jpg