Reliance Jio True 5G

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies 805
  • Views Views 106,644

Source
Shri Mukesh D. Ambani announces a Road-map to Jio 5G and upgrading India's digital experience.

Reliance Jio has designed and developed a complete 5G solution from scratch. This will enable us to launch a world-class 5G service in India, using 100% homegrown technologies and solutions.

Commerical 5g won't come for atleast 3 to 4 years..even If the spectrum is allotted. There is no immediate business models for 5g now. There will be challenge for the operators to deploy mm wave which has very short range , I think in india 5g will be mostly based on sub ghz bands
Yes, for the time being, the auction will only be conducted on the sub 6GHz bands. Using 50 to 100MHz of one band with 4x4 MIMO and 256QAM would easily give a gigabit or two on all 5G phones everywhere, if the capacity is adequate.

@JamesHolden25 jio is in hibernation mode. Maybe from next year we can see any improvements.
been waiting since forever for the 4G auctions to happen. Now, they're saying that the auctions will happen before September. But I doubt they're gonna conduct it so soon. They'll delay it post 2021. Jio's spectrum in Rcom expires in 2021. So when exactly will they conduct it? God only knows...

Commerical 5g won't come for atleast 3 to 4 years..even If the spectrum is allotted. There is no immediate business models for 5g now. There will be challenge for the operators to deploy mm wave which has very short range , I think in india 5g will be mostly based on sub ghz bands
Jio will launch 5g as soon as trials is over and commercial spectrum is available to them. Reason is they want to work on 5g from strategic investment perspective. Successfully deploy 5g in india on its home grown 5g equipment and monitise and market outside India as an alternative to Ericsson, Nokia and Huawei. India will be successful use case for global market. Hence they have requested for 26 and 28ghz band which is 5g standard outside India. We will get benefitted with this band as DOT was against it earlier as isro has asked to be reserved for them for space communication

@cooltexas60s yeah that's correct but for ground deployment they require a considerable number of additional bts in most of the areas . For eg in my current location I only get 4g on band 5 for jio . Thata means if 5g is deployed from the current bts ,I and the others in my area won't get any 5g signals isn't it. I mean the larger the band the lesser the coverage. So they have to deploy other bts for proper coverage .same will be the case in other areas as well I think

been waiting since forever for the 4G auctions to happen. Now, they're saying that the auctions will happen before September. But I doubt they're gonna conduct it so soon. They'll delay it post 2021. Jio's spectrum in Rcom expires in 2021. So when exactly will they conduct it? God only knows...
I think they will conduct as soon as possible ,because the govt is in some financial crunch currently ,and spectrum auctions can bring some money to the govt .

@cooltexas60s yeah that's correct but for ground deployment they require a considerable number of additional bts in most of the areas . For eg in my current location I only get 4g on band 5 for jio . Thata means if 5g is deployed from the current bts ,I and the others in my area won't get any 5g signals isn't it. I mean the larger the band the lesser the coverage. So they have to deploy other bts for proper coverage .same will be the case in other areas as well I think
"I mean the larger the band the lesser the coverage"

you mean to say higher the frequency lesser the coverage.