Reliance Jio to charge for outgoing calls to other operators

• Thread starter Thread starter Sam27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 167
  • Views Views 17,736
So, for all recharges done by Jio customers starting today, calls made to other mobile operators will be charged at the prevailing IUC rate of 6 paise per minute through IUC top-up vouchers till such time that TRAI moves to Zero termination charge regime. Presently, this date is 1st January 2020. Nevertheless, Jio stands firm on its commitment to offer the highest value to its customers, and there is no 6 paise per minute charge on:
(a) all Jio to Jio calls;
(b) all incoming calls;
(c) Jio to landline calls; and
(d) calls made using WhatsApp or FaceTime and similar platforms.

Additionally, Jio, with Reliance Retail, will ensure priority allocation of the JioPhone to frequently called 2G users from our Jio consumers.

Jio will provide additional data entitlement of equivalent value based on IUC top-up voucher consumption. This will ensure no increase in tariff for customers.

They are saying that we will be charged 6 paisa per minute for outgoing calls due to iuc then thay should credit us with 6 paisa for every minute of call we receive.

Correct me if I am wrong

I thought so too but This says different

Yup because the the other 'service providers' could join this circus v soon. But I thnk they will wait & watch for TRAI's reaction.

Last edited:
frankly speaking I never opted for Jio for cheap plans but their network..... which is the only network, I get at my home.......

if only Airtel & Voda had improved their network, they would have not lost to Jio......

Airtel & Voda are already charging 119 for the same.......

But yes RIL will really show their true colours once they attain 65-70% share of market.

These 10Rs. is nothing...... Mota Bhai will hit much harder but at the right time....... so just wait for the real fleecing and stop cribbing for 10Rs.