Reliance Jio to charge for outgoing calls to other operators

• Thread starter Thread starter Sam27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 167
  • Views Views 17,857
Most of the calls originate on Jio's network and end on Airtel/Vodafone. They're the net beneficiaries of IUC charges netting some Rs. 13,500 crores from Jio is last three years. They, in theory, shouldn't charge their customers for IUC.

Now Jio bhaktas are trending ilovejio

Happening on all platforms of social media. And many of the ID's are newly created. Now doesn't that tell us something😏

Jio’s move a profitable turn or pressure tactic?

Trai likely to stick to 6 paise/minute IUC rate for two more years

🥴

Last edited:
ho8hEgw.jpg

wow, double standards by Airtel. They soooo know they have got Jio by the balls.

I guess being transparent/honest is not a right policy. Jio shd have increased the tariffs.

lol. both airtel and voda have kind of mocked jio for doing this. seems unlikely if they would take the same route. anyhow... i hope this would result in more people taking their landlines seriously. landlines are awesome and should get the respect it deserves 😂

lol. both airtel and voda have kind of mocked jio for doing this. seems unlikely if they would take the same route. anyhow... i hope this would result in more people taking their landlines seriously. landlines are awesome and should get the respect it deserves 😂

My guess is they will wait & watch for TRAI's reaction. If TRAI does nothing they could jump onto the latest gravy train😆 Afterall it's an oligopolistic situation 😏

Best option what Jio could have done was to include around Rs. 15 (Actual amount can be based on some research) in their base pack(create new packs after Oct 10 2019) and keep silent. This would have given them chance to quietly do what they wanted.

Yes ! so it is silent Vs vocal...
Till now they were silent (Of course they must have included in the base packs till now)
Now they are vocal. (now charging it separately).

I don't see why people need to be angry on Jio or grateful before. They're here to do business. Started a better model of getting much higher ARPU from people which is probably more profitable than old US like countries inspired model, where people buy data because they're rich. I personally spent around 20-30rs per month and didn't think of using data now go for 130 rs per month. Now Jio have to add a charge for voice here. I don't think they'll reduce data but with time they may increase charge