Breaking Reliance Jio to charge for outgoing calls to other operators

Manoj Mathew

Actually TRAI was acting like Jio's poodle and doing all they wanted. But after AVOID went to court over IUC and Jio-TRAI saw the tide turning, this is the new underhand strategy they've come up with. Let the changes they want come through what would appear like people's pressure on TRAI. Else they could have just raised plan charges instead of this melodrama. Anyway, no dearth of gullible people who will do just what they want.

Of course, not to say that Vodafone and Airtel are pro-consumer, but compared to Jio they're like babes in the wood.

thadougamer

BSNL ADSL & FTTH User
We are now back to square one. One recharge for data and another top up for voice calls. This was exactly what happened earlier before the entry of Jio. Bye bye Jio and motu bhai. Unique Porting Code generated for porting out. Your data network is very pathetic at my place and voice calls is the only thing I used. Even if you give me 70Tb data free every month, it's of no use for me coz I getting 1G speeds on your 4G network. Now, that you are going to start charging outgoing calls too, it's really time to say adieu. Like BJP your promise of free voice calls forever turns out to be a jhumla. Did Modi learnt jhumlas from you Motu bhai or you from him?😂😂😂

Last edited:

Sam27

End of days for users who were hooked on inter-operator calls for 1-3 hours. Days of miss-calls to receive a call back coming back. Days of old famous dialogue "balance khatam ho gaya" from your friend or relative also coming back.

My tasks are increased as I have to recharge for my whole family and now these additional recharges for Jio. If Airtel and Voda also follow the same, I have to do 5 additional IUP top-ups every month or two.