Breaking Reliance Jio to charge for outgoing calls to other operators

Before Jio's IUC change, they were providing truly unlimited calling, whereas Airtel Vodafone and Idea aka AVoId gave a soft limit of 250 minutes a day, and 1000 minutes a week. No one complained of that. The complaints only started now, because they can see that they're paying extra for IUC minutes.

Airtel is still trying hard to get back to 250 - 300 ARPU, and wants the IUC to stay. They even wanted to raise it back to 14p/m so that they can continue their daylight robbery in hiking the plans. They know that only Jio is the only one who isn't benefited because of the traffic imbalance.

Believe it or not, if TRAI scraps IUC on 1st Jan 2020, the cartel will rush to close down 2G, and it will be complete by 2021. If not, they'll close it in 2030.
Yes if they scrap iuc by Jan 1 2020 we might see faster closing of 2G networks. But the un-liberalised 2G spectrum of Airtel is valid till 2021 so iuc might stay until the 2G spectrum expiry date.

Even if TRAI doesn't scrap IUC, I'm hoping for a better network experience on Jio because there'll be some people who'd start recharging their old Airtel/Vodafone numbers, reducing the load on Jio. Anyway the rest will raise prices soon and that's kind of expected.

Dhiraj

I have a query, if someone can answer :-

So I received the extra GB vouchers from Jio today. It says that the validity of these vouchers is the same as my active base plan. So I want to know, can I activate / redeem these vouchers whenever I want, like after 2 - 3 months on my need basis, or do I have to redeem them in the current active plan only ?

Smh

if voucher validity is same as active base plan then it should expire after your current plan expires.

ijsa

Regular

So I received the extra GB vouchers from Jio today. It says that the validity of these vouchers is the same as my active base plan. So I want to know, can I activate / redeem these vouchers whenever I want, like after 2 - 3 months on my need basis, or do I have to redeem them in the current active plan only ?
I guess, validity of the voucher for redemtion is also mentioned.... please check......

socrates

Did u purchase them or is it a freebie?🤔 Asking coz to date I have rec'd none though my friends have. 😏