Reliance Jio speeds

How come Vodafone & idea giving more speed in 1800mhz band (12-20mbps) than Jio 1800mhz band only (5-7mbps) with almost same chunk of spectrum?

I think it'll improve over time.I still see engineers hopping onto the towers and testing various stuff out.

@SiVell operators deployed lte at 1800mhz at the same time but still incumbents perform better, Jio should not put their all eggs in 2300mhz as it as very poor penetration in metros cities
once launched people will bash them for giving slower speeds than 3G
I don't know if Mota bhai aware of the situation or employees are behaving like Sarkaari. Babus.

I'm getting very poor speeds at Worli in Mumbai. Sometimes even basic websites like Facebook load slow.

And quite frequently net doesn't work at all. Everything ranging from WhatsApp to YouTube says no network connection.

I'm getting very poor speeds at Worli in Mumbai. Sometimes even basic websites like Facebook load slow.

And quite frequently net doesn't work at all. Everything ranging from WhatsApp to YouTube says no network connection.
Some people will not agree. But Even Jio has to pay bills for connecting to certain regions of the world. They are making sure that huge amounts of traffic is not generated to those regions or networks. For example, if JIO is paying for bulk bandwidth to Level1 or Cogent, and the route to them is not through under sea cables owned by Jio, then it definitely becomes a costly affair because Jio is not generating revenue from 4G data sale. So they would like to reduce speeds to 1-2 Mb per connection to minimize their billing losses. The QoS (Quality of Service) can be tweaked in any possible way they seem fit. I guess Jio is also not having direct peering agreements with Google's local servers. They might be sending traffic through Airtel or Tata (VSNL). I expect this problem to NOT improve till they are actually starting to charge customers for data plans. The font on this site is funny. Too Appley and in bold.

Minimizing the losses is the key for survival of Jio. I am not defending them in any way. I have actually stopped using my Jio sim as it is worthless for data as well as calls.

I think its the bandwidth in that band. For Jio the bandwidth for Band 3 and 5 is 5 Mhz whereas for band 40 it is 20 Mhz. You can check this in Samsung service mode.

@AbhishekMSharma install net velocity app. Settings>advanced mode-on
gYZenf.png

still getting good speed around 7MBps

Last edited: