Reliance Jio speeds have dropped considerably since July

• Thread starter Thread starter d5aqoëp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 322
  • Views Views 44,032

d5aqoëp

I got banned!
There has been a gradual decline in download speeds. I used to get 50-50 Mbps previously. Now I get 20-25 Mbps at the exact same spot. (Phone touched to the corner of window.)

It may be that users are downloading like crazy. But still it is a sad situation.

And, we are talking about 1 Mbps unlimited from BSNL :sad:

I downloaded like crazy at the start and used up about 1 TB+ in the first few weeks .. downloaded everything I need for the next 10 years.. after that have been using very normally for the last couple of months .. you also downloaded a lot at the start IIRC.. so, maybe we did the right thing before the speeds decreased 😉

Down to like 15-16 Mbps nowadays from the 35-45 Mbps at the end of May. Anyways, I am not too much hopeful of it and would like their FTTH to launch somewhere near.. after the beta period ends, nobody would be able to use their plans for regular use.. 4G cannot compare to normal broadband

I'm from a small town. Speed has not decreased much. I get a signal of around -105 db (2 out of 5 bars). Earlier, the speeds used to touch 35 mbps using employee sim and a dongle. Now, it's 22 mbps using lyf handset. Both band 40. Band 5 has never given more than 5 mbps.. mostly 1.5 mbps.

And here i am not able to use internet on band40 since 7th july. CC told me it will be fixed from 1 aug but it did not 🙁

Btw I haven't downloaded a single torrent on Jio connection. I just use plain http downloads.

Most people don't even think about how much they gonna watch or got time for all the stuff they downloaded.
Just good to boast about.

Well I've friends who downloaded more than 750 GB in few days. I don't get it. Even with blu rays, 750Gb?!
Blu rays range from 4-45GB in some cases so 750gb isn't much. First day I downloaded like crazy and did around 135GB with my speed varying from 3-7MBPS. All I did was my blurays/some 4k content and 1-2 high spec games.

@igloo that boasting thing is correct too(just like I did xD), but I will watch those movies nevertheless.

my speedtest shows speed of 25-30 mb while actual i get is 1.5-2.5 mb.
its been same for me from beginning. complained about it but to no avail. that speed is in 2300 mhz range . on other band its like 2g. so i wanted to know if u guys are actually getting 20mbps.

before cell tower shutdown at my location. I used to get 20mbps-25mbps in speed test and 40mbps (5MBps) in IDM while downloading. Speed fluctuate a lot after the first month. Some time it reduced and then normal again. These day i am on band 1800mhz and speed is so pathetic.

Band 3 (1800 Mhz) is capable of providing speeds up to 35 Mbps if an operator has 5Mhz of spectrum in that band.

Vodafone 4G does give 15-20 Mbps speeds on Band 3.

Why can't JIO speed go above 6 Mbps in Band 3? Speed is capped to 6 Mbps on Band 5 as well.

My band fluctuates b/w 850/2300mhz. I usually have 25-50Mbps for lets say 18hours in a day 16-24mbps 3 hours and less than 16 for remaining 3 hours.