Reliance Jio Router Heating Problem

Which model and how old is it? Is it kept in a very enclosed space? If the ventilation's fine (check if holes are not blocked with dust) and load is not too much as per the Dashboard (how many devices are connected? CPU utilization?), yet it seems unusually hot then it might well be a problem. If it's bothering you too much you can lodge a complaint and ask for a replacement.

Blue Dual Band - JCO4032 , only 1month old , 4/5 devices connected all time , cpu load 48-50 % , top and bottom heated maximum of time and no dust in the the holes.

Mine is barely in any load all the time.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-08-26 122343.webp
    Annotation 2020-08-26 122343.webp
    7.8 KB · Views: 328
I have the white dual band JCO 500 which is over a year old. It also gets super hot even when it is not is use. This happens more during hot days of course. It is fine during winter. I have placed it on a laptop cooling pad and that helps a bit. I try to turn it off for a bit when I am outside and sometimes even overnight during very hot days to try and prevent damage. Another member shared pictures of him wrapping his router in a wet cloth which he changes a few times a day.