BSNL FTTH
Airtel 4g
Jio 4g
gtO0WM5.webp

YrVZQgg.webp

S08Tcy6.webp

MKgfNVJ.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
Does not seem like the website has been updated yet.
These new plans seem a lot worse than the old ones... or maybe I am wrong..
Is 99 for every additional sim for 399 customers only? or is it for all..?
If I am to opt for the 999 plan (which I am using right now) will that mean I'd have to pay 999+(99*3)?
Unlimited Data does sound enticing.

Plans are effective from 22/3 so they'll probably update the website a few days before that. I wonder if I could shift to the new plan because that'll cost 696 + tax instead of the 999 + tax I pay now.

Is this only for new connections?

Which Netflix plan with 699 plan? Netflix mobile?

Also where is the option in the myjio app to convert prepaid sim to postpaid without changing sim? Not able to find it and it's very difficult to navigate in this cluttered app.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how data allocation to different family members works in this? A few years I tried a family plan with 4 numbers and at every start of the billing cycle, the members’ data would expire and they would stop getting internet till I manually allocated data to them.
Also, can everyone use data out of a common pool like Airtel or do you still have to allocate everyone a non-shareable quota?

You have to assign it.

It is auto allocated in my case. I just asked it to assign a %age of data allowance each month to each number.

Yes members cannot draw from the shared pool; rolled over data also cannot be shared. And maximum every month (automatically) only 25% of data can be shared.

Vodafone has a better implementation where each child gets its own 40GB with 200GB of rollover.

From a fixed common pool (with data roll over) but indirectly i.e. it requires assignment of a %age of data or a specific amount. It's all in the app.

@Lolita_Magnum @Chip 25% of the total data is the maximum that can be allotted to a secondary connection? What happens if the secondary connection exhausts that data?

I have assigned upto 25% so its gone through. Not sure if that's the limit.

Pay 996 (699+99x3) for 115 GB data with 4 SIM. Existing Jio Postpaid Plus 999 plan give 200 GB data for 4 SIM with Netflix and Prime plus upto 500 GB data roll over. Pay Rs.3.54 less but get 43% less data.
Pay 897 (699+99x2) for 110 GB data with 3 SIM. Existing Jio Postpaid Plus 799 plan give 150 GB data for 3 SIM with Netflix and Prime plus upto 200 GB data roll over. Pay 115.64 more and still get 27% less data.
Pay 798 (699+99) for 105 GB data with 2 SIM. Existing Jio Postpaid Plus 599 plan give 100 GB data for 2 SIM with Netflix and Prime plus upto 200 GB data roll over. Pay 234.82 more for just only 5% extra data.
There is no change in 399 plan benefits.
The only possible benefit seems to be for the low end data users i.e. 498 for 2 SIM as against existing 599 for 2 (Rs.119 less for 20 GB less data), 597 for 3 SIM as against 799 for 3 (Rs.238 less for 65 GB less data) and 696 for 4 as against 999 for 4 (Rs.357 less for 85 GB less data).

So they are reducing the data benefits and increasing the cost. Effectively its a backdoor price increase.

Plus the issue of data sharing. For Airtel data sharing is automatic without any limit including rolled over data.

Last edited: