Reliance Jio Plus Postpaid Family Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter minuteman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 12,734
So no data rollover with new plans?
Then for 1+1, better to opt for Airtel 599 plan (105 GB, full data sharing + upto 200 GB rollover) than Jio 498 (399+99) plan (105 GB data, no rollover and sharing policy not clear)

Edit: airtel plan data benefits corrected

Last edited:
Airtel 599 plan only gives 75 gb + 30 gb for secondary user not 130 gb and jio (399+99) gives only 75 gb+ 5 gb for secondary user with no rollover option

@minuteman yes, the data benefit is 75 GB + 30 GB for every addl member but for airtel, total data is always fully shared and to restrict data use of secondary SIM, limit has to be specially created in app. But seems for Jio, there is no option to share the data.

I mean you pay Rs 300 less and basically get screwed on data and sharing. Really don;t know if I'll change over with these restrictions.

IMG-3214.jpg

@TinTinSnowy is it ??

@Sayantan Yes. Thank you for informing. It is asking me to add Rs. 500 security deposit even though I am a subscriber of JioFiber Postpaid on the same number. I'll check with Jio support.

Edit: I was able to generate a gold pass for claiming security deposit waiver but there is no field to enter this in the MyJio App. You can get gold pass by miss calling on 70000 70000 and then generating it over the whatsapp chat.

Last edited:
I think. If you move from prepaid to postpaid, you will lose the prepaid plan validity and benefits if there are any.

Jio Postpaid Support is even worse than the prepaid support. I'm not sure why they claim superior support with postpaid. They really need to hire competent support executives. Should connect with the support agent immediately.

@TinTinSnowy I had jio postpaid ... called cc and asked about 5g welcome offer ... told me recharge 239 + for 5G welcome offer .... then i said sorry sir for disturbing u 😆 🤣

Left jio postpaid January 23rd ... still my refund is pending ... 🥲

Where I live, do not have access to any Broadband service. So I brought Vi Postpaid 701 plan. Gives speed around 12Mbps Download and 2Mbps Upload. Jio gives speed of 8Mbps and upload 500Kbps. I was thinking of switching to Jio 599 Postpaid plan but it seems like I am out of luck. As speed is so stinky. I think I'll just have to wait for 5G release in our area. Then switch to Jio Postpaid or something

those who were on 199 plan. will they now need to convert to the news plans ? or they can stick to 199 plan?