Reliance Jio now sending messages about automatic upgrade to new Truly Unlimited Fiber Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter rishikeshj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 141
  • Views Views 12,846
ISP
Jio Fiber
Just received the following msg.

Congratulations! We are upgrading your current JioFiber plan with UNLIMITED INTERNET @ 150 Mbps (download speed = upload speed) on 5th Sep.
Also enjoy 10 OTT apps with this upgrade.
Team Jio

Does this mean Silver plan is upgraded to Gold plan or its still Silver plan with 150MBps? I have recently bought subscription for 6 months.

Your speed will be upgraded to 150 Mbps instead of 100 Mbps and you will get unlimited internet (3300 GB) instead of 400 GB per month. The OTT app subscriptions however will remain the same. No Amazon Prime or Netflix.
So you can call it a Gold plan without Amazon Prime subscription.

My silver plan expired today. Should i recharge or wait for the new plans tomorrow ? Will they upgrade my plan if i recharge now ?

Read the opening messsage.
'10 OTT apps'

Might be....but they are offering 10 apps under 30 days trial. Under 999 plans, it says 11 apps.

Cost will untimately increase for us. So they should provide Amazon Prime under 999 plan

@mate If you don't care about Amazon prime subscription you can recharge with the current silver plan. They will have to upgrade you to match the new plans. But again they haven't mentioned about this anywhere. So I (or anyone here) cannot guarantee what will happen. It is totally your call.
99% they should upgrade you to the new gold plan from 5th September.

My silver plan expired today. Should i recharge or wait for the new plans tomorrow ? Will they upgrade my plan if i recharge now ?
Recharge it right now for another 6 months else you have to pay 1178 instead of 1003 for one month. You will be automatically upgraded to 1178 (999 plan)

Last edited:
Might be....but they are offering 10 apps under 30 days trial. Under 999 plans, it says 11 apps.

Cost will untimately increase for us. So they should provide Amazon Prime under 999 plan
@rishikeshj is talking about automatic upgrading from old silver plan to new gold plan and not about recharging with a new gold plan. So for automatic upgrade to higher plans, OTT apps won't be changed it seems. Only speed (and FUP) will be increased.

Forget the message that he got.

They have clearly mentioned under their plans that 11 OTT apps will be given to 999 plan. I'm talking about that only.

Overall 12 premium OTT apps are to be given by them so if you exclude the most expensive one, i.e NETFLIX. So Amazon Prime mast comes under 11 Apps subscription plan ie. 999.

Currently we are paying 1000 for 10 Apps. Now with this revamped apps, the prices for us will increase so they must include Amazon Prime which fit best as per their new plan.

How can I ignore the SMS? This thread is totally about that only. I think you are confused. Let me make it clear.

1. If you recharge with the new gold plan (999 per month), you get 11 OTT apps (including Amazon Prime).
2. Existing silver plan users who will be upgraded to the new gold plan will get 10 OTT apps (which they currently have). No Amazon Prime.

How can I ignore the SMS? This thread is totally about that only. I think you are confused. Let me make it clear.

1. If you recharge with the new gold plan (999 per month), you get 11 OTT apps (including Amazon Prime).
2. Existing silver plan users who will be upgraded to the new gold plan will get 10 OTT apps (which they currently have). No Amazon Prime.
On your 2nd point, if the current silver plan will be upgraded to the new Gold plan than they will get 11 OTT apps, as indicated by them. It is as simple as it is.