Would this phone sell faster in Tier-2 and Tier-3 cities?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
Check Reliance Jio JioPhone Deals on: Flipkart | Amazon | Paytm

Exclusive: First look at Reliance Jio 4G VoLTE feature phone priced at Rs. 1299

vnC4zxL.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
seriously. i would get this.

please remember to update when and where we can buy it. Hopefully they will sell this on Jio site.

What is wrong if it has Android OS, anyways who develops Java based OS which is present in feature phone?

full fledged android with media apps makes it a smartphone with a dismal battery life. i want a featurephone. calling and texting. with a battery life of more than 2-3 days with low usage.

the bigger problem is the dedicated keys for media apps. i have to get a new phone for dad and he is not interested in jumping to a smartphone. these keys are not helping the cause.

Reminds of of Freedom 251 mobile!

Also I have feeling this would be mobile with contract.

monsoon 500 offer to be back?
still on feature phones after 15years. & same price. no remaining emi to be paid this time.

This time the implications are deep.

Airtel and co are taking interconnection charges at 14p per minute and screaming for it to be increased. Once the 2G users are onboard Jio, then Jio will be collecting interconnection charges........ at increased rates. x'D

Speeds are pathetic, 1 Mbps early morning and 0.5 Mbps during the day, which drops to 0.2 Mbps in the evenings. Probably the only places left to get good speed is in a slum.

The connection is not worth a penny more than 100 bucks, that too mainly for the calls.

2G is officially dead with the launch as the demand for it will drop drastically. :emoji_bomb:

Other ISPs are officially in panic mode now............ this 500 buck phone will do 100 times the damage of the free offers, because 68% of India is still on 2G and will come running to Jio for the affordable phone with free calls. :emoji_carrot:

Hope 2G spectrum is not withdrawn for next 2-3 yrs atleast.

Because my dual SIM phone (Redmi 3S Prime) supports just 4G/3G/2G + 2G (and both numbers are important)

So if 2G goes then I will have to use 2 phones.