Reliance Jio Fiber Queries

• Thread starter Thread starter sidg2
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 137
  • Views Views 29,801
the way they defended their dth policies which fucked up things for a lot of people... the guy is a jackass. his only job at trai is to make things easy for jio. and he has been doing a stellar job of that. you can be sure that once he eventually retires, he would get a cushy job at reliance industries.

the way they defended their dth policies which fucked up things for a lot of people... the guy is a jackass. his only job at trai is to make things easy for jio. and he has been doing a stellar job of that. you can be sure that once he eventually retires, he would get a cushy job at reliance industries.
Mota bhai's influence has no bounds. I think that the current government is deliberately sabotaging other telcos including BSNL to favour Jio. Even if Congress comes to power I don't think there won't be much change.

mota bhai has everyone in his pockets. rahul gandhi makes a lot of comments about anil ambani. but i do not think he has talked about the influence of mukesh ambani on the central government.

mota bhai has everyone in his pockets. rahul gandhi makes a lot of comments about anil ambani. but i do not think he has talked about the influence of mukesh ambani on the central government.
Yes, Rahul has never talked about Mota bhai. Most importantly,the thing which frightens me the most is that the amount of power that Jio will have in the telecom industry in the next few years. I bet that they'll collect user data and use it to influence people. As Mota bhai has fingers in different pie's he'll definitely indirectly control stuff in the country.

You guys have valid points.. But I still like R S Sharma... Because due to new Broadcast rules, I can now afford DTH, before it was mandatory expensive packages+HD access fee+ Activation fee etc. in simple words extortion from the consumers, And people were in mercy of local cable operators who are careless people..TRAI made IUC 6 paisa due to that calls become cheaper(to some extent). Tell me what the previous chairmans did to improve broadcast & telecom in the country.

Jio has made investments of crores now and they have been taking the money too. So whatever the party is in the center, it doesn't affect the decision of Fiber at all.

Secondly, Ambani's has shown support to both BJP and Congress directly and in-directly in recent days.

Thirdly, Fiber is the future. If any government tries to make it impossible? It's as bad as corruption is. Anything which is against the development is against the state.

P.S.: JioFiber / JioGigaFiber or Internet/Fiber overall has no relation with the Political Agenda or the relation with the Politics. 🙂

If it was, why would Airtel keep silent?

And, About DTH? If you can or understands English very well. Better watch online content now. Leave TV for those who can't understand English.

I've friends of mine (they watch Anime) and they actually learnt the native languages to watch it.

Internet > DTH. Make the change, you won't have the feeling of sacrificing either.

There is this new show "Kota Factory" superb and available for free.

Every Money Saved is every money earned.

Given the exit polls show a landslide victory for NDA, I don't think That Mr. Ambani will hesitate now to launch Gigafiber. 😛😛😛
I have zero clue why this site hates motabhai and alleges his association with NDA. This election Mukesh Ambani publicly backed Milind Deora who is a congress MP. Link here. RIL bought out Infotel in 2010 and converted it to Jio. This was in 2010 and who was in power? Link here. No one from regulatory authority from Congress batted an eyelid back then. Jio started their network testing in 2012-2013 and their gameplan was ready even before 2014. Read the banned book "The Polyester Prince" to understand how Dhirubhai Ambani used his Congress political connections to build the Reliance empire from the 80's-90's.

The case is "Ayega tou Ambani hee" irrespective of NDA or UPA being in power. But associating Mr. Ambani with NDA exclusively is utterly foolish.

The current DTH scenario is fucked up. Yesterday itself, I got a Zee5 subscription pack for Rs. 699 (30 % discount on zee's website) + Rs. 200 Cashback if paid through Amazon Pay. So a decent deal of Rs. 499 for 1 yr subscription of all Zee channels on 5 devices. I also got Hotstar 1yr premium for Rs. 999. I am teaching my mom how to use Zee5 and Hotstar on our Nvidia Shield TV. For Big Boss, she can use Voot App or I can even install the leaked JioTV for Android TV v1.0.0.4 to watch colors HD channels live.
To recap
  • Zee5 for Zee channels (499)
  • Hotstar for Star channels (999)
  • Voot or JioTV for Android TV for Colours channels and other channels (Free)
  • Amazon Prime (999)
Total cost comes to around Rs. 2498 for watching everything live. Compare that to me currently paying Rs. 11000 to Tata Sky for 1 year.
The savings are real and cord cutting is inevitable. Trai doesn't understand the threat to DTH industry by making things super expensive to everyone. Compounded by Jio's killer entry anytime soon in DTH space.

If you don't want to buy expensive shield TV from US (Rs 17,000), get any Android 8/9 TV box from AliExpress between Rs 2000-4000.

Last edited:
I
I have zero clue why this site hates motabhai and alleges his association with NDA. This election Mukesh Ambani publicly backed Milind Deora who is a congress MP. Link here. RIL bought out Infotel in 2010 and converted it to Jio. This was in 2010 and who was in power? Link here. No one from regulatory authority from Congress batted an eyelid back then. Jio started their network testing in 2012-2013 and their gameplan was ready even before 2014. Read the banned book "The Polyester Prince" to understand how Dhirubhai Ambani used his Congress political connections to build the Reliance empire from the 80's-90's.

The case is "Ayega tou Ambani hee" irrespective of NDA or UPA being in power. But associating Mr. Ambani with NDA exclusively is utterly foolish.

The current DTH scenario is fucked up. Yesterday itself, I got a Zee5 subscription pack for Rs. 699 (30 % discount on zee's website) + Rs. 200 Cashback if paid through Amazon Pay. So a decent deal of Rs. 499 for 1 yr subscription of all Zee channels on 5 devices. I also got Hotstar 1yr premium for Rs. 999. I am teaching my mom how to use Zee5 and Hotstar on our Nvidia Shield TV. For Big Boss, she can use Voot App or I can even install the leaked JioTV for Android TV v1.0.0.4 to watch colors HD channels live.
To recap
  • Amazon Prime (999)
Total cost comes to around Rs. 2498 for watching everything live. Compare that to me currently paying Rs. 11000 to Tata Sky for 1 year.
The savings are real and cord cutting is inevitable. Trai doesn't understand the threat to DTH industry by making things super expensive to everyone. Compounded by Jio's killer entry anytime soon in DTH space.

If you don't want to buy expensive shield TV from US (Rs 17,000), get any Android 8/9 TV box from AliExpress between Rs 2000-4000.
I agree with your views on Mota bhai and speaking of cutting the cord, TRAI is planning to regulate the OTT platforms (Read Increase prices). Currently the OTT platforms come under the IT ACT and TRAI wants to regulate this industry. I guess it's another Chaos in planning and will increase the prices significantly there by it will lose its value for money advantage. It'll be cheaper if u have No- FUP broadband,If not then there is no value my friend.

Normally there are black colour Jio GigaFiber fiber optics wires on poles on every streets and roads. But I have also see some dark orange colour wires (same size or may be few millimetres extra thick compared to black wires) in my area over poles in few large size street roads along with normal black Jio GigaFiber wires. I am not 100% sure but I think these orange wires are also from Jio because there is no other private company of fiber internet like airtel etc. I tried to trace these orange wires and I find that these wires are connected to nearby mobile towers and may be those mobile towers are also Jio. But I also remember that few days ago, I talk with Jio GigaFiber installation team and they said all black colour Jio GigaFiber wires comes from nearby Jio Central office (fiber backhaul) of this area but that time I forgot to ask about orange wires.

1. Are these orange wires also in your locality?
2. So, Is internet comes from nearby jio mobile towers to Jio GigaFiber or it is comes from nearby backhaul building or both?
Orange cable that you see is an armoured cables. I have one near my house. They had placed it because of shifting of OLT to a different location. Otherwise all other infrastructure is underground.
But why it is connected with mobile towers?
(Note:- It is not very thick. It is almost same as normal black pole wire of Jio GigaFiber. It is laid over pole to pole like black Jio GigaFiber wires.)
@undercover May be Jio is planning and preparing infrastructure for 5G. May be these orange wires on poles will be use for small Pico cells on electric poles that's why it is connected with mobile towers. It's just a guess. What you think?
Yes these orange wires also also in my area on poles along with black Jio GigaFiber wires. @undercover have your any idea what is it for?
Is @SG_curiosity guess right that may be it will used for 5G Pico cells in poles? If not then why it connected with mobile tower? It should comes directly from nearby backhaul building?

To recap
  • Amazon Prime (999)

You haven't considered the internet bill.

To recap
  • Amazon Prime (999)

No Wonder, India will obsolete the TV long before it would reach it's 90% mark of the total population viewership. TV certainly has no future left in India at this point since the movies come on the Internet (both ways), TV Shows comes on Internet (Both TV and Web Series) and no one watches TV for the Music anymore.

The only thing left is News, I prefer Google News or YouTube News (just in case if I really want to video it), It's my 3rd year precisely and I haven't watched TV.

I have disconnected my TataSky add-on connection for myself. I am taking the Amazon Prime Membership regularly (yearly) from last 3-4 years since it's launch in India (eagerly waiting for the Twitch Prime though).

To be honest, TV is only going to decline in terms of users and if I would say, the only aim of the TV industry should be to reduce the bills of the usage at any cost to make it affordable and more compi. with the Internet now.

Companies for example Airtel, Tata, Jio, ACT, Hathway owns the TV and Internet network both. Some of them share the same infra. for both TV and Internet.

It's in their control, the both medium. That's an advantage to them. But companies which has no business other than DTH (not quite sure but Sun, Dish, Videocon) might see their end of life soon.

Audience is same, medium has to be multiple, the more medium you have the better ARPU will be.

Options = DTH, IPTV, Add-On or VOD, Internet.

At-last, Internet will dominate max. entertainment industry soon except for Movie Theaters.

Does a customer get original payment receipt (hard copy in hand) after paying Rs 4500/- security deposit to Jio officials or after the GigaFiber installation?

Yesterday I pay Rs4500 to Jio GigaFiber officials by Paytm wallet. I forget to asked original receipt and also they had not provided me any original receipt. After that I got email of computer generated duplicate payment receipt but there was a disclaimer on email and bill.

"DISCLAIMER: This is a computer generated Duplicate Invoice copy hence seal and signature not required. Any replacement, warranty, guarantee and product liability claim shall be honoured against original invoice only. Reliance Retail Limited. may, at its sole discretion, relax or waive any of its conditions mentioned overleaf the original invoice."

Should they have provide me the original payment receipt? If not then why disclaimer is like this? What happened in your case?

^ Whenever you pay for any services, you are meant to be given Receipt for that. It's under the laws of India. It doesn't depend they give it or not. It's not a matter of choice, its a matter of mandatory.

Their Mistake: They didn't give it themselves.

Your Mistake: You didn't ask for it. (It should be quite normal, as you're not buying Rs. 10 Chips or 1 Kg Tomatoes from a vendor).

Warranty can be claimed over the original invoice only with the company seal/sign of the authorized signatory. Since, computer generated don't have any sign? It's has not authenticity (as per their disclaimer)

^ Whenever you pay for any services, you are meant to be given Receipt for that. It's under the laws of India. It doesn't depend they give it or not. It's not a matter of choice, its a matter of mandatory.

Their Mistake: They didn't give it themselves.

Your Mistake: You didn't ask for it. (It should be quite normal, as you're not buying Rs. 10 Chips or 1 Kg Tomatoes from a vendor).

Warranty can be claimed over the original invoice only with the company seal/sign of the authorized signatory. Since, computer generated don't have any sign? It's has not authenticity (as per their disclaimer)
Do you have Jio GigaFiber connection? Did you get original receipt?

Does a customer get original payment receipt (hard copy in hand) after paying Rs 4500/- security deposit to Jio officials or after the GigaFiber installation?

Yesterday I pay Rs4500 to Jio GigaFiber officials by Paytm wallet. I forget to asked original receipt and also they had not provided me any original receipt. After that I got email of computer generated duplicate payment receipt but there was a disclaimer on email and bill.

"DISCLAIMER: This is a computer generated Duplicate Invoice copy hence seal and signature not required. Any replacement, warranty, guarantee and product liability claim shall be honoured against original invoice only. Reliance Retail Limited. may, at its sole discretion, relax or waive any of its conditions mentioned overleaf the original invoice."

Should they have provide me the original payment receipt? If not then why disclaimer is like this? What happened in your case?
@MSR Murthy & @undercover Guys, Did both of you also received the original invoice receipt by hand after paying Rs 4500 security deposit payment of Jio GigaFiber or you also got only computer generated duplicate invoice by email like me?