Reliance Jio JioGigaFiber Queries

ajgamer

Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
I have zero clue why this site hates motabhai and alleges his association with NDA. This election Mukesh Ambani publicly backed Milind Deora who is a congress MP. Link here. RIL bought out Infotel in 2010 and converted it to Jio. This was in 2010 and who was in power? Link here. No one from regulatory authority from Congress batted an eyelid back then. Jio started their network testing in 2012-2013 and their gameplan was ready even before 2014. Read the banned book "The Polyester Prince" to understand how Dhirubhai Ambani used his Congress political connections to build the Reliance empire from the 80's-90's.

The case is "Ayega tou Ambani hee" irrespective of NDA or UPA being in power. But associating Mr. Ambani with NDA exclusively is utterly foolish.

The current DTH scenario is fucked up. Yesterday itself, I got a Zee5 subscription pack for Rs. 699 (30 % discount on zee's website) + Rs. 200 Cashback if paid through Amazon Pay. So a decent deal of Rs. 499 for 1 yr subscription of all Zee channels on 5 devices. I also got Hotstar 1yr premium for Rs. 999. I am teaching my mom how to use Zee5 and Hotstar on our Nvidia Shield TV. For Big Boss, she can use Voot App or I can even install the leaked JioTV for Android TV v1.0.0.4 to watch colors HD channels live.
To recap
  • Zee5 for Zee channels (499)
  • Hotstar for Star channels (999)
  • Voot or JioTV for Android TV for Colours channels and other channels (Free)
  • Amazon Prime (999)
Total cost comes to around Rs. 2498 for watching everything live. Compare that to me currently paying Rs. 11000 to TataSky for 1 year.
The savings are real and cord cutting is inevitable. Trai doesn't understand the threat to DTH industry by making things super expensive to everyone. Compounded by Jio's killer entry anytime soon in DTH space.

If you don't want to buy expensive shield TV from US (Rs 17,000), get any Android 8/9 TV box from aliexpress between Rs 2000-4000.
No Wonder, India will obsolete the TV long before it would reach it's 90% mark of the total population viewership. TV certainly has no future left in India at this point since the movies come on the Internet (both ways), TV Shows comes on Internet (Both TV and Web Series) and no one watches TV for the Music anymore.

The only thing left is News, I prefer Google News or YouTube News (just in case if I really want to video it), It's my 3rd year precisely and I haven't watched TV.

I have disconnected my TataSky add-on connection for myself. I am taking the Amazon Prime Membership regularly (yearly) from last 3-4 years since it's launch in India (eagerly waiting for the Twitch Prime though).

To be honest, TV is only going to decline in terms of users and if I would say, the only aim of the TV industry should be to reduce the bills of the usage at any cost to make it affordable and more compi. with the Internet now.

Companies for example Airtel, Tata, Jio, ACT, Hathway owns the TV and Internet network both. Some of them share the same infra. for both TV and Internet.

It's in their control, the both medium. That's an advantage to them. But companies which has no business other than DTH (not quite sure but Sun, Dish, Videocon) might see their end of life soon.

Audience is same, medium has to be multiple, the more medium you have the better ARPU will be.

Options = DTH, IPTV, Add-On or VOD, Internet.

At-last, Internet will dominate max. entertainment industry soon except for Movie Theaters.

SG_curiosity

Regulars
May 19, 2019
Does a customer get original payment receipt (hard copy in hand) after paying Rs 4500/- security deposit to Jio officials or after the GigaFiber installation?

Yesterday I pay Rs4500 to Jio GigaFiber officials by Paytm wallet. I forget to asked original receipt and also they had not provided me any original receipt. After that I got email of computer generated duplicate payment receipt but there was a disclaimer on email and bill.

"DISCLAIMER: This is a computer generated Duplicate Invoice copy hence seal and signature not required. Any replacement, warranty, guarantee and product liability claim shall be honoured against original invoice only. Reliance Retail Limited. may, at its sole discretion, relax or waive any of its conditions mentioned overleaf the original invoice."

Should they have provide me the original payment receipt? If not then why disclaimer is like this? What happened in your case?

Reactions: pothi

ajgamer

Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
^ Whenever you pay for any services, you are meant to be given Receipt for that. It's under the laws of India. It doesn't depend they give it or not. It's not a matter of choice, its a matter of mandatory.

Their Mistake: They didn't give it themselves.

Your Mistake: You didn't ask for it. (It should be quite normal, as you're not buying Rs. 10 Chips or 1 Kg Tomatoes from a vendor).

Warranty can be claimed over the original invoice only with the company seal/sign of the authorized signatory. Since, computer generated don't have any sign? It's has not authenticity (as per their disclaimer)

SG_curiosity

Regulars
May 19, 2019
^ Whenever you pay for any services, you are meant to be given Receipt for that. It's under the laws of India. It doesn't depend they give it or not. It's not a matter of choice, its a matter of mandatory.

Their Mistake: They didn't give it themselves.

Your Mistake: You didn't ask for it. (It should be quite normal, as you're not buying Rs. 10 Chips or 1 Kg Tomatoes from a vendor).

Warranty can be claimed over the original invoice only with the company seal/sign of the authorized signatory. Since, computer generated don't have any sign? It's has not authenticity (as per their disclaimer)
Do you have Jio GigaFiber connection? Did you get original receipt?

SG_curiosity

Regulars
May 19, 2019
Does a customer get original payment receipt (hard copy in hand) after paying Rs 4500/- security deposit to Jio officials or after the GigaFiber installation?

Yesterday I pay Rs4500 to Jio GigaFiber officials by Paytm wallet. I forget to asked original receipt and also they had not provided me any original receipt. After that I got email of computer generated duplicate payment receipt but there was a disclaimer on email and bill.

"DISCLAIMER: This is a computer generated Duplicate Invoice copy hence seal and signature not required. Any replacement, warranty, guarantee and product liability claim shall be honoured against original invoice only. Reliance Retail Limited. may, at its sole discretion, relax or waive any of its conditions mentioned overleaf the original invoice."

Should they have provide me the original payment receipt? If not then why disclaimer is like this? What happened in your case?
@MSR Murthy & @undercover Guys, Did both of you also received the original invoice receipt by hand after paying Rs 4500 security deposit payment of Jio GigaFiber or you also got only computer generated duplicate invoice by email like me?

MSR Murthy

Regulars
Dec 31, 2016
Hyderabad
I did not get any printed or hand written receipt. What I got was only email and sms. Of course, I did not ask for it too. They were not carrying any printed receipt book too. What they carried was only a mobile with an attachment for finger printing authentication.

Reactions: SG_curiosity

harry10

Regulars
Feb 16, 2009
@MSR Murthy & @undercover Guys, Did both of you also received the original invoice receipt by hand after paying Rs 4500 security deposit payment of Jio GigaFiber or you also got only computer generated duplicate invoice by email like me?
I got the receipt in email and SMS. Even though I asked for a physical copy and the sales guy told me they dont give it. It will be issued via email only.

Reactions: SG_curiosity

SG_curiosity

Regulars
May 19, 2019
I did not get any printed or hand written receipt. What I got was only email and sms. Of course, I did not ask for it too. They were not carrying any printed receipt book too. What they carried was only a mobile with an attachment for finger printing authentication.
Okay, thanks. BTW, no finger print authentication was done in my case. They take pics of my documents (voter ID card) and take my pic only.

SG_curiosity

Regulars
May 19, 2019
I got the receipt in email and SMS. Even though I asked for a physical copy and the sales guy told me they dont give it. It will be issued via email only.
@MSR Murthy @harry10 Do you guys also see this disclaimer in your email invoice receipt?

DISCLAIMER: This is a computer generated Duplicate Invoice copy hence seal and signature not required. Any replacement, warranty, guarantee and product liability claim shall be honoured against original invoice only. Reliance Retail Limited. may, at its sole discretion, relax or waive any of its conditions mentioned overleaf the original invoice."

It says that "this is computer generated duplicate invoice receipt" and customer shall required a original invoice receipt for warranty claim, replacement or refund.

So if we have not original invoice receipt then may be Jio staff will create issue in future for warranty replacement or refund.

Reactions: MSR Murthy

Shubham

Regulars
Jun 17, 2018
@ajgamer I got my gigafiber connection today and was assigned landline number as well. I haven't checked if landline works or not.

However there is one issue I cannot connect to 5 Ghz through my macbook air. Why is that? is it not 5ghz compatible or something?

Edit: never mind its working now.

Last edited: