Reliance Jio Fiber Queries

• Thread starter Thread starter sidg2
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 137
  • Views Views 29,773
I totally agree with you.

@undercover how can you say so? Are you saying that the black one has all the features, just like the white one(earlier version) ?

Yes absolutely.
(1). Jio GigaFiber Black colour ONT Model No. WU JCO300.
Manufacturing date 8/2017.
Made in China.
Dual band Wifi 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

(2). Jio GigaFiber White colour ONT Model No. UF JCO500.
Manufacturing date 08/2016.
Made in Vietnam.
Dual band Wifi 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

Both have same number of ports and buttons. Weight may have some difference.

I have seen some videos on YouTube where white colour jio GigaFiber ONT (Jio home GigaHub) is v2.01. and some are v1.0 written on cover of Jio manual page.

But I am bit surprised because if white GigaFiber ONT is old model then why it v2.01 and it's Model No. is JCO500 whereas new black colour Jio GigaFiber is v1.0 and it's model No. is JCO300.

Why black colour ONT have smaller model number and v1.0? Is it indicate that it is lower/cheaper model compared to white ONT?
jlM8nfA.jpg

5xWWQm9.jpg

Last edited:
@undercover No. I am not mainly taking about v1.0 or v2.01. My main query is that if White ONT (JCO500) is older model and black ONT is new model then why it's model no. is JCO300 but not JCO500 (Black) or JCO600 etc. ?

Isn't indicates that black ONT may be older model or maybe lower/cheaper version model compared to JCO500 (White)?

Last edited:
Q6. If Jio GigaFiber ONT (WiFi router) placed in one room and Jio TV set-top-box (STB) in other room then how TV set-top-box will connect to GigaFiber ONT?
Will Jio STB support WiFi (wireless connectivity) or there will need a wire cable to connect both?

In an answer to a similar question, I was given to understand through the Jio Engineer that a power Line wifi adapter pair can be used for that purpose and whenever the signal strength is low like in duplex independent homes. It may be available as an optional accessory and may be supplied by Jio later of course on extra payment. ( I think such things are already available in the market, but not sure of their performance.) But still, it may be best to locate the router nearest to TV where ever feasible.

To sum up, The location of router is very important and can be well thought of after considering all possible present and future needs. Jio engineer said, they will relocate the Router if needed. without mentioning it's cost aspects.

There is a reason why they are called rumours. I am not a Jio employee. Preview offer will be over once the services are launched commercially. I am using this connection for more than 2 yrs now.
You also need to read the forum because many questions are repetitive. I am able to use LL services and calls to all network works. Voice quality is good as VoIP.
You cannot port or choose number to LL yet. In future I do not know if it will be available. (The number can still be choosen using a trick which will not be disclosed.)
Gigafiber number works.
And all these questions are worthless if your area is not ready for action.

@undercover Can you please elaborate "Gigafiber number works"

Q(iv) If there will any issue related to service, internet speed or any queries, to whom I will need to contact?
Jio Customer care agents have no information about GigaFiber. There is a GigaFiber number 1800 896 9999 but not working. No option to connect with agent.

@MSR Murthy "Gigafiber number works"

Reactions: MSR
@undercover No. I am not mainly taking about v1.0 or v2.01. My main query is that if White ONT (JCO500) is older model and black ONT is new model then why it's model no. is JCO300 but not JCO500 (Black) or JCO600 etc. ?

Isn't indicates that black ONT may be older model or maybe lower/cheaper version model compared to JCO500 (White)?
You are thinking too much.
In an answer to a similar question, I was given to understand through the Jio Engineer that a power Line wifi adapter pair can be used for that purpose and whenever the signal strength is low like in duplex independent homes. It may be available as an optional accessory and may be supplied by Jio later of course on extra payment. ( I think such things are already available in the market, but not sure of their performance.) But still, it may be best to locate the router nearest to TV where ever feasible.

To sum up, The location of router is very important and can be well thought of after considering all possible present and future needs. Jio engineer said, they will relocate the Router if needed. without mentioning it's cost aspects.
PLI has an interference problem. But Jio is indeed working on a PLI solution.
@MSR Murthy Yes, an ethernet cable of short length (max 1.5m) will be provided along with the Jio GigaTV STB.
From where did you get that info?