Rumored Reliance Jio Fiber Broadband Plans

We do have wider coverage of 4G as compared to what 3G was after years of launch

3G never really took off in India. And as much as I do not like Jio’s policies, I have to give it to them to at least give others the push to cover India with LTE.

Been 10 days since I paid deposit and installation still has not taken place. Reached out to them via Twitter. Here is the reply -

Hi, thanks for reaching out. Due to technical reason there is delay in activation of your connection. Your connection will be activated soon - Mohit

Messaged them again for clarification and the reply is -

Hi Harsh, our team is working on the same, we will get in touch with you as soon as we have an update or are ready to install your connection. Sorry for the inconvenience - Shamala

No idea what to make of it. Anyone got the same?

I got Gigafiber installed yesterday in Delhi NCR (Noida). The sales person came within a couple of hours to collect payment via Paytm. I got an instant receipt via email. The installation took place the very next morning. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a call from a very polished customer service lady at 9 am to ask for a convenient time slot. She offered me 12:30 that same day and the technicians came promptly at 12:20 pm. It took about 15 minutes and the process was super smooth. The installation team were very courteous as well. Normally I would not have expected such efficiency from Reliance.

Speeds are good. I am getting around 96 Mbps up and down. It occasionally touches 100 as well.
Downloads are getting near full speed as well at around 11.5 MBps. All vpns and proxies I have tried are working so far.
Bittorent client Bitlord is working fine but the speeds don't seem to exceed 3 to 4 MBps. They are slightly faster on Airtel Vfiber.

Overall so far so

8252434924.png

@Lobogris Care to throw some multiple latency tests to various servers?

Jio to Excitel Delhi

Jio to ACT Delhi

Jio to Airtel Delhi

Jio to Airtel Mumbai

3-5 test of CloudPing.info

This will give all of us a better picture.

_

@harry10 Sometimes, competition companies cut the fibers at multiple locations as soon as Reliance Jio install their cable and this causes the additional delay in the activation. It happened few days back at near by area where Reliance installed the Jio Fiber Wires but Hathway cut the wires of Jio and delayed the launch of Jio Fiber in that area.

If support is saying that, it means it's legit since they are clearly telling you the reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ajgamer
Competition companies cut the fibers at multiple locations as soon as Reliance Jio install their cable and this causes the additional delay in the activation. It happened few days back at near by area where Reliance installed the Jio Fiber Wires but Hathway cut the wires of Jio and delayed the launch of Jio Fiber in that area.

I hope that's not the case here but it could be possible because it has been almost 1.5 months since JIo have laid their fiber lines and set up their connection box in my locality, yet there is no news of their service availability. I am starting to get impatient hahaha

@Lobogris Care to throw some multiple latency tests to various servers?

Jio to Excitel Delhi

Jio to ACT Delhi

Jio to Airtel Delhi

Jio to Airtel Mumbai

3-5 test of CloudPing.info

This will give all of us a better picture.

Excitel Delhi

8252813659.png

ACT Delhi

8252819161.png

Airtel Delhi

8252823364.png

Airtel Bombay

8252826609.png

RegionLatency
US-East (Virginia)235 ms
US East (Ohio)257 ms
US-West (California)281 ms
US-West (Oregon)292 ms
Canada (Central)237 ms
Europe (Ireland)203 ms
Europe (London)215 ms
Europe (Frankfurt)205 ms
Europe (Paris)205 ms
Europe (Stockholm)202 ms
Asia Pacific (Mumbai)46 ms
Asia Pacific (Osaka-Local)207 ms
Asia Pacific (Seoul)308 ms
Asia Pacific (Singapore)81 ms
Asia Pacific (Sydney)466 ms
Asia Pacific (Tokyo)165 ms
South America (São Paulo)435 ms
China (Beijing)1246 ms
China (Ningxia)388 ms
AWS GovCloud (US-East)247 ms
AWS GovCloud (US)285 ms

It seems like Jio has worked on fixing their routing except for Jio to Airtel I believe and might be some other too.

Where are you living? @Lobogris and Thank you for the details completion of request 🙂

Such detailed information helps many Internet Geeks 🙂

And, Could you go over here: BLR1 Speedtest | DigitalOcean and post the speedtest results?

Here is the test you requested:

Blr1 down was 65, up 17, ping 242.

The same test on Airtel fiber got me 42 down, 9.25 up and a ping of 102ms. Note the Airtel is a 40Mbps down and 10 up connection.

Last edited: