Rumored Reliance Jio Fiber Broadband Plans

Jio is rolling out in a city called “Gadarwara” the population is 50,000 only (maybe less) it’s a Tehsil (Sub District) in Madhya Pradesh. So there are high chances that they will cover cities. BSNL is here in Gadarwara and accordiong to JTO there are 1900-2000 customers of BSNL in Gadarwara also BSNL has started to rollout FTTH here (using LCO hence overhead wiring) but Jio is digging the roads and installing the fibre. One more thing is that BSNL can provide FTTH even in Rural areas because they can access BBNL’s (Google it) network. BBNL is a government service basically for Gram Panchayat. They are using GPON technology and giving connection to every Gram Panchyat using Splitter. They are basically installing a OLT between 4-5 Gram Panchayats and connecting all Gram Panchayat (GP). Now from GP BSNL is just using a splitter to give connection in Villages.

They are using GPON technology and giving connection to every Gram Panchyat using Splitter. They are basically installing a OLT between 4-5 Gram Panchayats and connecting all Gram Panchayat (GP). Now from GP BSNL is just using a splitter to give connection in Villages.

Can you please explain how this is different from what Jio is doing? Between Jio FTTH and BSNL FTTH, which is better in rural areas?

@MeanMachine BBNL is Government's Fiber Network and non of the Private Company actually did not made a deal to Government for the Fiber Deployment (No one bid for the Tender Pass lol).

So basically, Jio FTTH > BSNL anytime.

The question here are two different.

1. Who will have better reach to Villages?
> BSNL

2. Who will be better in quality (BSNL vs. JioFTTH)?
> JioFTTH.

P.S.: Jio wouldn't care for the village's deployment since they won't be able to pay for the bills. What I mean to say is that Jio is targeting two type of customers.

1. Who are rich or lives in posh-areas or in society.

2. Places which are left untouched by many big companies (Example: Airtel/Hathway).

That's the reason, Jio isn't able to launch or deploy the lines in cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Banglore (Since, they are limiting the installations in such cities only within the Societies right now).

That is the reason, Why telling others to fillup the JioFTTH Form is very important. The more you fill, the better your chances are for the launch.

P.S.: Probably, Jio is paying alot to the news websites to write about the same thing again and again (basically there is no new news but then also many houses writes about Jio Registration once a week with same news).

Last edited by a moderator:
If BSNL launches FTTH, then I'd jump to it without second thought. As mentioned by @Nikhil Sharma already, BSNL already has the FTTH infrastructure to most cities including tier 2 and tier 3 cities. It is in the interests of private companies and due to the cost involved that they haven't provided FTTH to the mass public, yet. I still hope that one day (probably after 10 years), BSNL would provide FTTH to most cities. If they can stretch it to villages, it will be a milestone and it will benefit lots of people in villages.

@pothi I see a post coming about problems with BSNL FTTH from you in future. (I feel like numerologist right now 😀😀😀😀).

When it (BSNL) works, it is rock solid. Only when it fails, the problem starts. We have to depend on some money-oriented people to fix certain things.

I recently had an issue in BSNL. I was sure it is nothing to do on my end or with the actual telephone line. So, I thought it'd somehow fix itself. Waited for two weeks. Nothing happened. Approached the new JTO who fixed it before I reached home. Then comes the lineman in the evening for money saying that he fixed the line... so please check the telephone and the internet. I was at the height of my anger. I used to give money whenever he fixes line faults. It happens during festival days where one or the other vehicle cut the line and I have no option than depend on the lineman. This time, it has nothing to do with the telephone line.

@pothi I tell you something. This is same with Airtel or any other ISP who uses low-grade wiring.

Basically, wires of BSNL/Airtel/Excitel are too thin that they get cut more often than the other high quality wires for example Cat 6 or Cable Wire (TV Cable Wire through which DEN/Hathway provides internet).

I hope we don't have to face such issues with Fiber. I've never seen the width of the fiber wire which comes to the home. Because if that's too thin? Trust me, it will be 4-6 re-wiring minimum per year.

Rains, Electricity Board Guys, Trees/Poles falling, Storms/Heavy Winds causes all these issues.

@MeanMachine That is I'm not sure about. I know about the information because I keep eyes on Broadband News a lot (because I'm fedup of ISPs in my area).

Rest, about the physical installation. I'm myself looking to learn about.

E5359967-3480-4941-B924-C49-C3-DEBAF6-E.jpg

If you are from Rural Area and your town GP is here just go and ask BSNL to give you a connection Check here since BBNL is working on BSNL’s infrastructure.

BSNL can give connection in any village since BBNL has to cover each and every village so it’s a win for BSNL they will get access to 1-2 lakh GP’s.

Regarding cities BSNL is working on 50-50 revenue share with LCO.

@Nikhil Sharma Don't show people here a lot of dreams. We are very sad people and many showed us big dreams but what we get is disconnections, slow speeds, packet losses and high ping.

Please, Don't show us dreams.

CHECK HERE, What I meant to say!