Rumored Reliance Jio Fiber Broadband Plans

yes installation. actual connections havent started yet, hopefully 15 august or earlier 😍

phase 5 mohali cable installation happened about a month ago...no connections yet. Sector 11 chandigarh cable installation is happening at the moment.

For connection installation at your home you need to call on their customer care number. They will do a feasibility check and will provide you connection within 7 days of application.

I am using jio fiber from last 8 months. Living in sector 70 mohali independent house.

Speed is constant at 95 Mbps down and 95 up. Though ping to US and Singapore is way Higher than airtel.

Last edited:
I've asked the jio fiber technical team to attach gigaTV box to my account but they told me that i will recieve sms about it after 15 August only. Then they will install it.

For connection installation at your home you need to call on their customer care number. They will do a feasibility check and will provide you connection within 7 days of application.

I am using jio fiber from last 8 months. Living in sector 70 mohali independent house.

Speed is constant at 95 Mbps down and 95 up. Though ping to US and Singapore is way Higher than airtel.
same problem with my friend too. high pings to singapore servers which is where majority of games South East Asia servers are present. Its playable but sometimes the pings goes high and then again settles low. Backend team keep on telling him they're working on it. He ain't complaining much because he got this connection for free since two years

AS you are using jio 100 Mbps,I wanted to ask some questions to you

1)Jio says that they will provide only 90 days.But you guys are using this since almost 2 years.Why Jio did that?Also,lets say one day you say I dont want Jio connection.Will they give you 4500 rs for the router back?

2)My TV doesnt support 4k but through Jio GigaTV Box can I watch 4k in my TV?

Also,I dont like the idea of IPTV.I mean its almost impossible to watch live TV without buffering a single second.Plus it will consume my internet data and I dont think Jio will give unlimited data.They should just have gone with traditional dish tv setup only rather than this useless IPTV.

If IPTV doesn't use internet data then that would be great.Also Isha Ambani said 'Gone are the days of Mbps, now it will be about Gbps '.If Jio offers less than 1 Gbps I wont spare her.

I feel you. Even I would love to have gigabit speeds. But providing gigabit speeds to all consumers on their networks and maintaining the consistent speed would be tough. Most likely they will go ahead with FUPs which personally I am not a huge fan of.

FUP will not be removed anytime in the next 5 years. If Jio offers best value (TB) for money, that'd do. Like how Jio's entry reduced "per GB price" in mobile segment.

Yeah thats also true. But with with netflix and many more 4k streaming services being available now. I would rather go for low speed no FUP (100mbps), than getting a high speed with FUP connection.

Given what they did to the mobile network market, JIOFiber would surely bring down the price and thats a great thing.🙂

It's not that hard to provide no FUP connection. 75 - 90% of the content can be cached on ISP servers. Given Jio and its infra at scale I won't be surprised if they offer 100+ Mbps without any FUP. Also they own a few submarine cables which provides some leverage over other ISPs.

FYI: I had a 200 Mbps no FUP connection in Chennai from a local ISP.

ISPs need money to buy storage to cache the content, especially movies and music. Live videos can't be cached. Even to distribute to large audience, an ISP needs a large infrastructure. Only government can do away with FUP, by investing the tax payers money in the infrastructure. Some governments, such as South Korea has removed FUP limits. So, technically, it is possible by government. Not by the private players. At least, not without a huge monthly fee by the subscribers.

That's why I said, even if Jio's entry into fiber can bring down the price per TB, that's a win for us (consumers).

Yes I agree Jio will bring down price per TB. But many private operators are better equipped than government owned BSNL. Caching is not difficult. Almost all private operators have caching/ peering agreements with Google/Netflix/Amazon/Akamai. Even airtel is done away with FUP in some places after Jio announcement. We will see no FUP future very soon. With many global companies opening data centers in India no FUP is very easy. It is already happening with many ISPs. Live streaming cannot be cached but it passes via CDN. You can see Hotstar and akamai has made a record with over 10 million live viewers.

Also Isha Ambani said 'Gone are the days of Mbps, now it will be about Gbps '.

that was just nonsense. their gigabit plans are likely to have hilarious FUPs after which speeds would drop down to 0.05-0.005gbps. they can get away with offering shitty speeds on mobiles. it is not easy to get away with it on wired.