Rumored Reliance Jio Fiber Broadband Plans

Wireless is their first priority. So, Reliance Jio FTTH wouldn't be launched any time in the near future. When it does launch, the speeds would naturally be well above the wireless counterpart. Apart from that, we may get much stabler connection and speed (I already get much stable connection with JIO wireless). That's all I expect. I hope the prices are reasonable too.

tldr; too early to discuss about FTTH.

its been way too long now that India's capital doesn't even have access to high speed net plus data with cheap monthly rates

Move on to some local operator. I have compared right from mtnl to Airtel to tikona.. Almost every possible service provider and found local one to be the best

Both upload and download are above 20mbps

Not the whole of India lives in Delhi and Mumbai where such high speed packages are provided by local providers. In my city Guwahati for example (which is a Tier 1 city), there is no broadband provider providing anything better than even BSNL. Even for a 1 Mbps or 2 Mbps line with very small FUP they charge several thousands. And the quality of service is even worse than BSNL as per most reviews online.

Here are a few providers in Guwahati for example:

Rajdhani Telecome Pvt Ltd :: Hi Speed Leased Line & Broadband Service Provider in Guwahati

Rental | CATLA BROADBAND SERVICES

Source

These services are also the reason why BSNL never cares about other cities as there is no competition at all. Even Airtel, Reliance etc. are not present here. That is why Jio etc. are a fresh gush of air in non-metro cities especially in Eastern India (and Northern India to an extent). Any decent broadband provider with some advertisement and good customer service would sweep off all the BSNL customers almost immediately once people know about them.

I'm not sure what will be practical use of ftth except it should be high speed. I can see some advantage for corporates but for individuals like us even 8-10 mbps is enough where movie download is done within 10 minutes. I'm on 25 mbps where it takes about 3 minutes which is common nowadays.
ba64f4816e2c42579a31405c3323bb0b.jpg
Nice!
On 20Mbps @ 1500 symmetric speeds here, no fup, local isp ofcourse,
also have 100mbps upto 500gb @ 2000 but can't afford it.
Local ISP in delhi is a way to go.

Dear Members,
When the broadband plans will start commercial operations ? I am eagerly waiting for closure of my BSNL package immediately on starting of jio broadband.

I'm not sure what will be practical use of ftth except it should be high speed. I can see some advantage for corporates but for individuals like us even 8-10 mbps is enough where movie download is done within 10 minutes. I'm on 25 mbps where it takes about 3 minutes which is common nowadays.
ba64f4816e2c42579a31405c3323bb0b.jpg
*just died inside* using Bsnl ...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Bumping up this old thread. Reliance Jio has been launching all sorts of service these days. They have started testing new products too it seems. Hope they also work on their FTTH offering soon. Their Fiber lines across all major cities are already laid out years ago. So, it is just about implementation I suppose. Hope they work on launching Jio FTTH or at least testing it soon.

JioGiga is under trials. Its available at Reliance township in Jamnagar and in some buildings in Mumbai. Speed upto 1Gbp/s.

Last edited:
How do fiber providers in general (and how will Jio too) handle cuts in the fiber cables with FTTH ?

Is it easy to fix? Or if there is a cut somewhere (I know most of it is underground) near the customer installation location, will they have to wait for days/weeks to get it fixed?