Reliance Jio JioGigaFiber Gigabit FTTH Service

Hello guyz.Do you think that after August 15,Jio will launch gigafiber commercially?I think it will still offer 100 Mbps for 3 months free.

I have 1 query. will the Giga TV STB have WiFi ??? asking if the router is installed far away from TV, connecting a LAN cable from Router to STB will look dirty.

And what if one has more than 1 TV ???

i am personally interested in the lowest plan that would include television. I don't need it to be unlimited. Competition already has unlimited.

This article has a bit more technical/business analysis compared to other articles from the mainstream press.They also break down the cost of the 4500 router box
Will Reliance Jio’s fiber broadband force new business models? | TelecomLead
Big targets?
Jio will not get more than half a million of broadband subscribers in its first year, says Faisal Kawoosa, head – New Initiatives, CMR.

There is an upfront cost of Jio GigaRouter which CMR expects to be in around Rs 2500-3000 along with the offer. The additional cost for STB will be Rs 2000-2500 for supporting 4K content. “Achieving 50 million by a single operator seems highly unlikely,” Faisal Kawoosa said.

Market reacts

Media reports suggested that Airtel has started to remove FUP (fair usage policy) on some of its broadband plans in Hyderabad offering unlimited data without any cap on Internet speed. The strategy of Airtel is to retain its broadband customer base.

Jio challenges

Last-mile connectivity to enter the household segment will be challenging due to a large number of approvals required from resident associations and local authorities, permissions required for gaining access to buildings and customer homes to deploy in-house and in-building cables, and resistance from local cable operators, India Ratings said.

High-density broadband markets are likely to witness competition during fiscal 2019-2020, as the ecosystem is already in place for Jio to start providing its offerings. Regional broadband and cable players operating in third- and fourth-tier towns may not be a competition threat, said India Ratings.

Consumers may shift to Jio as its service offerings including content library and video calling would be superior to basic cable services from existing operators. The majority of MSOs are currently incurring large Capex to expand their optical fibre networks.