Reliance Jio Fiber Broadband in Hyderabad

MSR

ISP
JioFiber
Jio started providing connections in our area in Hyderabad about a month back. My connection (Only Data) is working very well since then. speed is more than 90 Mbps most of the times. When the fiber cable was cut outside of our premises due to third party action (tree cutting), they replaced the entire cabling up to box inside our home. As they are extending cabling & boxes, sometimes the connection fails, but restores soon. This is reasonable.

They have a predetermined plan of which house gets connection from which box, marked on a map available with their sales team. When my connection was activated, my neighbor's was not marked ready as he is planned to get from the next box.

The quality of cable layout needs improvement. mostly it is just laid taking available support with minimal clamping, just ensuring both ends are perfectly terminated. This may pose connection reliability issues as time passes by. The technicians may have to be constantly goaded about quality clamping and support.

I am waiting for the Landline and the TV Channels. The local team is unaware of the schedule.

^ which area? my friend in pebbl city is enjoying unlimited jio since two years now

Congrats @MSR Murthy.

1. Post Screenshot of this: CloudPing.info

2. Post some screenshots of Speedtest.net Results (LAN): Airtel Broadband (Delhi), Excitel (Delhi), ACT (Hyderabad), Singapore Server. (Do all these tests as SINGLE)

3. DigitalOcean Speed Test Screenshots: BLR1 Speedtest | DigitalOcean SGP1 Speedtest | DigitalOcean

This would give the clear picture of the most important part of the connection that is "Quality".

^ which area? my friend in pebbl city is enjoying unlimited jio since two years now

Where to find this luck? 🙁 cc: @vishalrao

'pebbl city' - which is this area in Hyderabad?
I am from Kukatpally area.

Concern expressed by me was about quality of fiber clamping and routing for sturdyness to withstand all wageries of nature. The fiber ends are of course well connected and giving very good and reliable speed.

Will post speed test results in next post.

US-East (Virginia)296 ms
US East (Ohio)289 ms
US-West (California)340 ms
US-West (Oregon)403 ms
Canada (Central)273 ms
Europe (Ireland)408 ms
Europe (London)215 ms
Europe (Frankfurt)210 ms
Europe (Paris)202 ms
Europe (Stockholm)242 ms
Asia Pacific (Mumbai)90 ms
Asia Pacific (Osaka-Local)172 ms
Asia Pacific (Seoul)354 ms
Asia Pacific (Singapore)110 ms
Asia Pacific (Sydney)537 ms
Asia Pacific (Tokyo)196 ms
South America (São Paulo)457 ms
China (Beijing)639 ms
China (Ningxia)641 ms
AWS GovCloud (US-East)318 ms
AWS GovCloud (US)354 ms

Last edited by a moderator:
Your pings are bad. You're quite near to Mumbai and Singapore as compared to Delhi and still your ping are bad.

I would say, tracert the mumbai server and see, how's your traffic routing.

Reactions: MSR
The LL service was indicated to be available in our area after a month and TV much much later.
So the journey appears to be
Silver Jio Preview Offer >> Jio Preview Combo >> Jio Preview Triple Play

@MSR Murthy Really not sure about that. Maybe they're categorising the plans based on the features, like Silver, Gold and platinum? Although, the plan names are different now (Triple Play). We'll get to know the actual plan names and its offerings once the commercial launch takes place. Right now, plan names really doesn't matter, as the whole thing is in beta testing phase.

Reactions: MSR