Reliance Jio is blocking PIA (Private Internet Access) VPN

• Thread starter Thread starter tatyasky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 10,722
Not surprising... Jio did the same with Twitch or discord during IPL. That was just a trailer of what's in store with Jio.

I believe logic doesn't work with jio. Just because they can they are doing it.
People tried complaining twitch blocking during ipl but nothing worked

maybe they are blocking only a specific protocol or port? wireguard maybe?
I am using to wireguard to connect to my vps as well as 2 different vpns. So wireguard is not blocked in general. If any port is blocked I have not encountered that at the very least

Jio is the new China now. Considering the huge market share they have at the moment, it's worrying to say the least.
Plus, there are no better providers (aka for general heavy usage and stability) at the moment. not like there was any before anyway.

well it's clear that they are expanding the ips database. protocol does not matter i imagine. otherwise it would break corporate vpns as well.

Possibly it's ip based blocking from public vpns.
Using a wireguard VPN connection to my server, does work on jio while warp obviously does not.
Also i have noticed if I'm using Cloudflare as possible proxy vpn to my server, it does work. (This uses the same method of connection like warp, but is on a different ip aka Argo)

Wireguard to Oracle Mumbai - Doesn't work
Could you look around a little and check if you can establish TCP connections on the same port (or at all)? Also what about UDP on port 443?