Reliance Jio is blocking Cloudflare Warp & NextDNS?

sudipt123

Internet Addict
ISP
Airtel Broadband
Having a paid subscription to WARP+ service, strange to find JIO (both fiber and Mobile) networks have block the warp service. WARP is working on Airtel though. Have contacted support with logs. But I doubt it will be of any help. The blocking is deliberately done by JIO

Source: 1.1.1.1 warp not working on jio network in india

yes, it's quite an inconvenience why they do that...

Has anyone noticed that browsing on Jio FTTH 150 Mbps feels like being on 10 Mbps? There is a weird lag in general while browsing like as if it's not geared towards browsing. It feels like it's tuned for few streaming OTT services which have local cache. Anything outside of their local cache, things go for a toss !!
I have Jio FTTH at office and compared to Tata Sky at home, Tatasky FTTH is 10000x better at everything.

this is shitty behavior even for Jio, I wonder why they don't like WARP, is it because there is no site blocking on it? or because they won't be able to harvest user data?

WARP also has IPv6, idk how official client works but the Cloudflare post mentions

Indian ISPs are blocking warp ports: 2408,1701,500,4500
for Warp Ingress IP Range: 162.159.193.0/24 .

so it might work on custom wireguard config with IPv6: 2606:4700:d0::a29f:c001 unless they blocked both IPv4 and IPv6

i don't think it's maintenance or routing issue considering how only specific ports are blocked on specific ip ranges.

Last edited:
Jio afaik is the only ISP using IP and Port Based blocking, Airtel/VI/TATA etc only do http or TLS SNI based blocking. Jio used to block pоrnhub.com by IP (in which case GoodbyeDPI won't work ).

I don't think they were told by Government to block WARP, they just blocked it because they can.

Last edited:
Airtel is still the worst. I don't think anyone can ever come close.
In not so past (still some of them?), they have:
1. Blocked everything based on keywords.
2. Hijacked random connections and served their "Government told us to block it" and ads.
3. Hijacked http response and inject their tracker.js and pretend nothing happened.
4. Out of nowhere in the middle redirect everything to their "Captive portal" for no reason.
5. Selective throttling.
They are just dictionary evil. Government or any court didn't tell them to do any of it.

Also, it's connecting now, at least on LTE. I wonder if it was actually blocked or something happened on CF's end because it's not going through BOM anymore.