Reliance Jio Infocomm Data Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter NikhilS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 293
  • Views Views 59,444
People who bought Airtel 4G would benefit as Airtel would be forced to reduce prices. Frankly, I would get a connection for backup for dad replacing his Airtel landline that costs me 1200 for 5GB.

Same article mentions that 10 GB could be as low as 500, atleast for the first year. Right now, Airtel gives 6 GB at 950, I guess Jio will give 20 GB at around Rs 1000 that's more than 3 times what Airtel offers.

May be some snail fast 40-50kbps POST FUP speed too, seriously 10GB for 700 doesn't make any sense here. For that high speed it won't last for a week on average to moderate uses .

I just calculated netflix 4k viewing for hour it comes around 10+ gb . May be 4g with such plans will not help in that sort of data consumption. In punjab I am eagerly waiting for any good ftth plans or may NOFN

Jio needs to get 3G users to move to 4G, and that is not going to happen without some really good reasons.
200-300 bucks less isn't worth it.

Just wondering, how come Rjio launch on 14th jan 2016. I mean they have not given any advertisement etc. May be they will start their website on that day.

Any comments.

700 for 10GB is quite decent. So long as it pushes others to drop prices, I don't see the issue. Currently Airtel/Vodafone charge 1800+ for the same.

700Rs for mifi device and 10gb data with device. Data plan will be different common sense people.now let's see rjio surprise us or we stick with our old isp. Honestly I m not waiting for just 10gb plan that's too low

My friend uncle is idea employee and he told me idea is going to launch 4G in coming weeks(within 2 weeks) in haryana, may be in other parts too...

And about rjio he told me he will get 7 distributor sim and will give me 1 🙂 He was talking about to show fake mobile purchase and will get only sim cards

How come 700 for 10 GB is decent .....
I am getting BSNL 3g 1GB at 59.8 ( with main balance ) for 4 days that comes out to 10 GB at 600 rupee for 40 days . At the same time BSNL EVDO is providing unlimited data at just 750PM ( + 14 % tax) and let me tell you CC of BSNL is best even hough I bash sometimes . In delhi MTNL has 1650 Unlimited 3g plan .
So , if JIO wants to survive then they must offer something above these plans atleast with the technology which is so fast compared to its counterpart 3g .

FYI MTNL 1650 plan has been discontinued.Coming to EVDO its limited to few cities and its dying slowly PATHETIC CUSTOMER SERVICE I called BSNL CC for information regarding validity recharge and the guy was clueless,I asked about its coverage still he was clueless,BSNL portal doesn't support CDMA prepaid recharge now what more to be told about attitude of BSNL towards EVDO.
Coming to speed of BSNL 3G on any day JIO will beat it.
Edit-I agree to your last line JIO should offer something outstanding to force people to switch from their existing ISPs