Reliance Jio has overtaken Airtel to become the second largest telecom company after Vodafone India

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
Jio, which has a customer base of 30.6 crore, now trails only Vodafone-Idea. Airtel has 28.4 crore subscribers while Vodafone-Idea had announced that it had 38.7 crore subscribers in December 2018.

With pathetic download speeds of 0.01 Mbps during daytime, it's as good as not having internet. I am planning to port one of my numbers to Vodafone Idea.

vodafone probably gets the worst user experience posts on twitter. their still have not managed to get their network in order after merger with idea. better take a prepaid sim to test out coverage and speeds!

My rank:
Jio
Airtel
Vodafone/idea

Jio is better because its pure lte & volte. It never latches to 2g and 3g.
Other two have that problem.
Plus on airtel/vodafone if you are latched on lte , you are not on normal voice network so if someone is calling you they will get engate tone and vice versa.

mmm. i am on lte on my airtel phone through the day and i get incoming calls just fine. i am not sure how the phone does it as it switches to H as soon as call connects. but if staying on lte would have stopped incoming calls, everyone would have been facing that problem.

also you have the choice to force your phone to stay on lte. at least on most androids. not sure how this is a feature. with airtel, i can switch to 2g manually if the 3g network is congested in the area i am in.

If i choose LTE only network in android settings for say Airtel, this problem persisting.

may be I am talking of an LYF flame1 mobile with airtel sim.
Seems I need to change sim to volte sim instead of 4g sim.
Is this the issue?

i dont think volte on airtel requires a new sim. it just needs a phone that support volte on airtel. list is pretty small right now. and implementation is supposedly pretty unstable.