Reliance Jio JioTV.com

• Thread starter Thread starter v1p3r
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 8,758
my families monthly set top bill is close to 1500 rs . we have 2 Tata Sky's and 1 dishtv. imo this is way too much to be spending on tv viewing. so i was thinking of getting an Amazon firestick and running jio tv on it.

can you guys please explain me how jiotv works, how to subscribe for it. what are its charges.

that was before. in latest update app was crashing heavily.
Jiotv also won't play with screen mirroring/casting in latest update.
All in all don't buy fire stick for jiotv, get mi tv or any android box instead.

but jiotv will not work on any network/isp except jio's. which in itself defeats the purpose of trying to run jiotv on android tv box. i really wanted to run the mi box + jiotv combo but after seeing that jiotv doesnt run on other network/isp, all hopes are shattered. unless you go the pirated/shady addons for kodi running on that tv box. it is also not worth it to buy paid addons on kodi for that live tv.
all these hassles just makes it not worth it.

just tried it on my phone as well as on bluestacks on pc. on both of them it says that it will only work on jio network. i dont know how yours is working on fire tv.

maybe you are using old version of the app.

My parents watch all their programmes on Jio Tv and they don’t even use Jio data. They are hooked to Airtel broadband all the time.
You can try it this way, just watch any program and use jio data as the program starts running, just switch to broadband or wi-fi. And don’t forget to sign in using your jio id and password.

Just downloaded JioTV(latest version from play store) on my mobile and it worked flawlessly on my excitel connection, I didn't even needed to switch to Jio for a second

Last edited: