Reliance Jio Happy New Year Offer: Now free till March 2017

2-5 am tested and working. Downloaded 6gb data in 30 minutes.

I need an app which can turn on hotspot at 2.05 am and turn it off at 4.55 am so that i don't have to wake up.

I use Jio on smart phone. Does it entitle for 2-5 am unlimited as well ?

2-5 am tested and working. Downloaded 6gb data in 30 minutes.
I could confirm it. I tried it yesterday night and then I checked in Myjio app many a time while the download was in progress, the 1 GB data cap didn't change at all. But tbh that is the shittiest time to download. I mean who'd wake up till 2 AM to download plus that's only upto 5 AM? It should have been at least 2 AM to 8 AM or 12 AM to 6 AM.

Last edited:
Can confirm this too. I was able to download around 32gb. So I don't feel any need to continue using the bsnl unlimited 3g(used more than 700gb)
Like others mentioned you can use scheduler both in idm/torrent client, no need to wake up. I just remembered those bsnl unlimited night plan days.

so need to connect and disconnect data connection ... it can automatically detect usage time?

I could confirm it. I tried it yesterday night and then I checked in Myjio app many a time while the download was in progress, the 1 GB data cap didn't change at all. But tbh that is the shittiest time to download. I mean who'd wake up till 2 AM to download plus that's only upto 5 AM? It should have been at least 2 AM to 8 AM or 12 AM to 6 AM.
Use IDM in your pc mate, it has inbuilt scheduler.

That is true bro. But what if I wanted to stream videos? I guess that would be real tough to wake up till 2 AM unless you're a late night surfer. Isn't it?

Btw, guys is there anyway to bypass the pathetic 128 Kbps speed? Oh man we're back to stone age after 1 gig each day.

That's true though, the only true benefit I can see for this timing is is data hoarding that's all. And they have this confidence of calling those 3 hours as night unlimited. Do these guys night ends in 3 hours? xD

Exactly. It should have been at least 6 hours if not 8 hours. Suppose if it's 12AM - 6 AM or 2 AM - 8AM then it would at least give you chance to surf in the morning for a couple hours.