Reliance Jio GigaTV Set Top Media Box Announced

There's an APK, T h o p T V, IDK if you know about it. The app uses JioTV and Airtel TV servers and streams Live TV from it. The UI is better for android TV's and there's no need of logging in via Jio ID or Airtel Number. I think the APK also has Ditto TV, But you won't need that because Ditto is plain garbage. As far as quality is concerned the highest that JioTV offers is 720p. You can select the quality of stream in ThopTV and for some reason the 720P on T H O P T V is better than High Quality on Official JioTV app.

The servers uses aliases like Jasmine for JIOTV, Aster for Airtel, and Daisy for Ditto TV

I won't link the APK but it can be directly downloaded (T H O P TV Website)/latest.apk

Also, If you want to watch live TV on your PC, google : "Airtel M3U8" and use the second link and use some player to play the m3u8 streams, Safari can play it out of the box

Last edited by a moderator:
i wonder if i should put it under spoiler tag. i assume google would still be able to read it lol.

Hey, just found out that there is an Android TV version of Jio Tv on the internet, Jio released it by "mistake", but took it down but the APK is available online. I tried that.

PROS :
The quality is phenomenal, best live tv I've ever seen
The UI is really good
I think the stream is 60fps too, looks smoother than usual

CONS:
Need a JioID, So you need a working jio connection
Have to login every time you open the app, Shitty developer (For some reason his login credentials are always present when you load the app, though they don't work)
No option to seek, Only live video

I have got this app sideloaded for more than a month now. initially the amit jain id was working fine. stopped from last week or two.
Entering your own id each time is pita.