Reliance JIO Gigafiber Broadband problems

• Thread starter Thread starter diablo221
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 77,788
Hi guys,

Since about a week or so i been facing issues, the thing is usually i put off the router when i go to bed at around 1am daily and when i start the router in the morning around 8am what happens is i loose connectivity for about 30-40 mins, i called their customer care and they of the view that's an issue from their end and that i should wait for 30-40 mins before i get connectivity back. Not sure if any1 else has this issue. Also when i'm online using the net i have noticed that the led from stable green goes blinking green or blinking red but the net is working. I am in Mumbai, if any1 else facing the same or has a resolution to the same please respond and help.....cheers

Hi @diablo221 I am from Navi Mumbai. If I restart my gigarouter, it takes atleast 10 minutes to get connectivity. I have never seen it taking 40 mins to start. And this is the reason why I keep my router on 24x7.

And since about 2 weeks, I am also facing the same situation. The LED light goes from green to blinking red or blinking green (blinking red means the cable is damaged and blinking green means that internet/wifi setup is in progress). But the internet works just fine. Customer care asked me to ignore the status of LED lights for as long as the internet is working fine.

Initially I thought that my router was damaged, but thanks to you, now I know that I am not alone. Hope this helps.

Hi @diablo221 I am from Navi Mumbai. If I restart my gigarouter, it takes atleast 10 minutes to get connectivity. I have never seen it taking 40 mins to start. And this is the reason why I keep my router on 24x7.

And since about 2 weeks, I am also facing the same situation. The LED light goes from green to blinking red or blinking green (blinking red means the cable is damaged and blinking green means that internet/wifi setup is in progress). But the internet works just fine. Customer care asked me to ignore the status of LED lights for as long as the internet is working fine.

Initially I thought that my router was damaged, but thanks to you, now I know that I am not alone. Hope this helps.

Hi
Thanks for replying, i am facing this weird problem see this happens only after i turn off router and night and turn it on in the morning, what happens is it starts as normal i get connectivity for 10-15 seconds then goes, and regains only after 30-40 mins. I called their cs they said they are aware of this and they asking everyone to wait for 30-40 mins not sure why

Hi @diablo221 Since about 2 weeks, my jio router problem has rectified. Now it stays on constantly on green led. Are your issues resolved too ?

My wait got over on 14-1-19 when it was finally installed. Overall the installation of cable is v sloppy & if not monitored they will string the FOC like the local cable wallah. I had had to insist that it be put via the conduit they had installed some months ago. It worked for the day of installation, 15-1-19 it went dead. On 16-1-1 I had to work the phone & call up their asst manager who had come to our society about this. He came personally with the bloke who had done installation at my house. Its working now & Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test is my speed just now. Usually its around 98-99 Mbps on my PC (connected via cat 6 cable) its around the same on devices connected via WiFi. 5Ghz channel gives better speed than the 2.4Ghz.

BTW: After switching on the modem it takes about 3.27 mins for the light to turn a steady green. Jio has told me that it can take as much as 5mins in some cases. Which mean if your modem takes upto 5 mins to come on they will do nothing😏.

Last edited:
wow nice long wait for that steady green light on jio fiber modem.

My wait got over on 14-1-19 when it was finally installed. Overall the installation of cable is v sloppy & if not monitored they will string the FOC like the local cable wallah. I had had to insist that it be put via the conduit they had installed some months ago. It worked for the day of installation, 15-1-19 it went dead. On 16-1-1 I had to work the phone & call up their asst manager who had come to our society about this. He came personally with the bloke who had done installation at my house. Its working now & Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test is my speed just now. Usually its around 98-99 Mbps on my PC (connected via cat 6 cable) its around the same on devices connected via WiFi. 5Ghz channel gives better speed than the 2.4Ghz.

BTW: After switching on the modem it takes about 3.27 mins for the light to turn a steady green. Jio has told me that it can take as much as 5mins in some cases. Which mean if your modem takes upto 5 mins to come on they will do nothing😏.
3-5 mins to get stable? That's a pretty bad thing.

I don't know how this works in GEPON/FTTH. But given that Fiber is a nicer technology as compared to ADSL. It should come online within 1 min at max.

5 mins feels like old bad days of ADSL (BSNL / MTNL and Airtel's Shit Services)

@ajgamer Jio has told me it can take as much as 5 mins. They even said those with Airtel Fiber also takes as much time (dont know if its true) maybe someone here can shed more light. My MTNL ADSL when it started in 2005 would go steady in 5-7 secs & when I got rid of it in 2017 it would take 15-19 secs

5 min is top much for FTTH. Again, I have no experience. Will research about it.

mine is around 30 seconds from power on of modem to internet connectivity ready - BSNL FTTH with LCO provided ONU modem.